Problem with GT Sport and Podium DD F1

Hi guys,

I just upgraded from CSL elite to Podium DD f1. I have a problem with GT sport whenever i pause and restart my wheel is getting very heavy and i have to make another restart to get back my ffb settings. Anyone else having the same issue and is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Spyros,

Can you list the wheel base firmware and motor firmware versions you are using?

I don't understand exactly what you mean - you are talking about pausing and restarting any race on GT Sport? And do you have to restart the wheel base to make it feel correct, or restart the race?

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hello,

wheelbase Firmware: 684

Wheelbase motor firmware: 40

The problem is: I enter a race or a qualifying session, and sometimes the wheel is very heavy and i need to restart the session and my ffb settings are getting to normal, sometimes is the opposite i enter a race or qualifying everything is correct and if i hit retry the wheel becomes extremely heavy, then i hit retry again and is fixed.

The big problem comes when i'm inside an online race that i can't hit retry and i have to drive the whole race with the heavy wheel. I hope i explain the problem correctly :)

• Someone on the fanatec FB page said that this problem happens when FFB Linearity is ON, and yes mine is ON and i think the problem happened when i enable it. I will test it and let you know

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

I saw that and I replied, I don't believe that is the issue. LIN should have no impact on this. It sounds like a game bug.

How often can you make it happen? For instance, can you just restart any race multiple times and it happens after a few tries? Or is it much rarer than that?

• it happens very often, in most of the qualifying and race i had yesterday and today. if i'm in qualifying is ok i just hit retry, but if I'm in race i just have to race with the problem.

• Hi Dom, you are right this has nothing to do with FFB Linearity, i disabled it, and keeps making the problem. You don't even have to restart, it also makes it even if you pause and continue the game.

What do you recommend should i do?

Thanks

• Hi guys Im from Brazil... And sad... Having the same problem, for me it occurs like the friend said... or when I go to the pit during an online race, when my car get off tthe pit... my Forcefeedback goes ligh enough, to loss all perception, like losing a lot of my configuration on set 1... It is really sad when it happens, as Im participating in 3 championships... and it, is causing me to have loss a lot of race rhytm.

Does you guys have some tip or what can I do to solve this...

Im plying on PS5, with the last firmware of the wheel update.

thank you

• I think I might find my problem in the Podium Wheel base with the GT Sport...

Put de podium DD base in "Comp PS4" mode to play the game, I was playing GT Sport on PS4/PS5 mode, as I found that it should be on this mode to play some older games...

and for 30 minutes I played without problems. Lets see today that I´ll have more time to play and train for my champs... Will keep you noticed.

Im new on Podium DD... 30 days using it... and saw yesterday a Fanatec link with games for ps4, that needs to be played in "COMP PS4" mode.

• Just here to say that, the problem with my ffb getting weak after pitting or pausing going to race lobby, that I have, in the GT Sport, seems to be gone...

What I done?... changes my wheel, when playing GT Sport, on PS5, to the "COMP PS4" mode. Im not having problems anymore. Just 3 days playing, will play more time this week, and keep guys noted again.

• hi,

I have the same issue when playing with my CSL Elite F1 Wheel and the PS5. However, I don't have this COMP PS4 Mode. Only PS or PC mode. Any suggestions how I can solve this issue?

thanks

Jan

• is there a solution for CSL Elite Base too? I have no DD, but the old CSL Wheel base. there is only PS and PC mode.

• Jan, I was a CSL Elite user, and there was never a problem like this with me, when usinf the CSL Elite.

Probably we are having some issues with the newest firmwares, as more than 1 base is having the same problem.

Lets just hope that the fanatec guys, do something about, to correct it.

• Hi,

thanks for your quick answer. I only had this issue when switching from PS4 to PS5. never had that before. So I assume it is because missing firmware update for PS5 . hope that is fixed soon as it is anoying.

thanks

Jan

• I have the exact same issue. I play on a PS5 with my Podium DD1 + Endurance button module. Recently the following happens: you enter a lobby race and everything works -> as soon as you pit, or restart your lap -> the force feedback becomes extremely strong, and you can't adjust it in the wheel menu. the only solution is to restart the wheelbase or to exit the lap/race/lobby you are driving. neither of these are very nice when you are racing in an online league race. i have not had this issue before on the PS4 and GT sport.

Normally you can adjust Sensitivity (rotation) and Force Feedback on the fly, while even in a race through the tuning menu of the wheel - but when the above happens (FFB goes to super high streght) the tuning menu option does not change FFB strength, you have to restart.

I have main FW: v691; HW: v3 + Motor: v42; HW: v3, ACV: v3 + WQR: FW v6 HW: v0