Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel disconnects from CSL DD when tightening Quick Release Lite.

I just got my csl dd and Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel. It started working fine, but then the Mclaren wheel began randomly disconnecting. I tried reseating the wheel and it worked for a bit and then it disconnected again.

I tried reinstalling the wheel side quick release with different amounts of tightness of the bolts and also retightened the little bolts next to the pins inside the quick release. Nothing changed.

I have reinstalled the firmware multiple times. Nothing changed.

Now whenever I slide the steering wheel onto the wheel base, I need to push really hard for the wheel to connect. But when i slightly tighten the quick release the wheel disconnects. The csl dd stays connected, don't have any problems with that.

The wheel disconnects when the ball bearing inside the wheel side quick release adapter lite gets pushed into the motor shaft of the csl dd. It seems like the ball bearing is pushing the wheel further from the base andby doing so it disconnects the pins from the contacts in the base.

I have searched on the internet and only found something about the shaft of the csl dd being 1 mm longer than that of the csw v2.5.

Edit:

when the quick release is tightened, I can't push the wheel so it reconnects to the base. Something I can do when the quick release is not tightened

Comments

• Brad GoudieBrad Goudie Member
    edited November 2021

Lodge a support ticket

I am pretty sure I read somewhere the individual tolerances on the CSL DD wheelbase and on those on the qr lite can on occasions cause this.