CSL DD intermittent brake applications

Hi all.

Since past yesterday that I received my new base (CSL DD), I'm experiencing intermittent brake applications (1ms) 3-4 times per lap. I've tried everything, but I'm unable to isolate the EMI issues I'm experiencing. It didn't happen before with my T300RS base.

I have a DC2 pedals from dcsimracing (https://www.dcsimracing.com)., and I've already tried multiple things: as ground my rig (TR8 from Track Racer), use a USB Hub, change the outlet of the PSU and moved it to different places, I bought ferrite rings, etc. Now, I just bought battery clips in order to look for a more powerful grounding...

Is anyone experiencing this issue between the base and pedals?, has anyone find a solution to this? any recommendation you can give me?

Thanks!

Comments

• I only want to say that finally solve the problem grounding the rig via a battery clips. It seems that the CSL DD generates plenty of EMI's and you need a strong grounding in order to prevent them:

• Good to know you found a solution. Thanks for sharing, this could be useful.

• Ivan LaraIvan Lara Member
    edited November 2021

Just to confirm that I addressed totally the problem connecting the pedals through an "USB Isolator":

The car battery clips reduced the problem, and this device solved 100%.

• Hi, i had exactly the same Problem, with the same configuration. For me it helped to ground the pedals. I talked to the DC2 guys and they told me that the top-right screw of the Controllerbox could be used for grounding. That worked for me.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited November 2021

So every peripheral is grounded including the base plate that the CSL DD is mounted to.

Just found out what the isolator does. Cheers for that info.

PC when connected to USB devices wired to high voltages can cause voltage spikes and the isolator protects the PC from that. Apparently there are various types of isolators as well. Some made for USB 1.0 and some 2.0.

• Where to connect the other end of the cable? I have the exact same problem and before buying USB filter I would like to try your solution.