unable to update firmware or adjust settings through control panel

Recently switched to new more powerful hardware, but have not been able to get stuff working. I have a couple of issues. I have the CSL elite F1 set. It has the CSL Elite for ps4 wheelbase.

1. Steering wheel only turns 90 degrees when powered on. In Fanatec Control panel there are setting to control various aspects of the hardware available through 5 configurable sets. The one that controls the max steering angle is SEN is I remember correctly. SEN is set to 0. I cannot adjust it or any setting in the UI.
  2. Thinking that this new driver bundle might be incompatible with my old firmware (was working fine in my previous comp so never upgraded). My current wheelbase firmware is 476 and motor firmware is 18. Firmware updater offers 686 and 22. When I try to update the firmware the updater just freezes right after clicking update and goes to not responding state. I have tried with driver 415 and 410 with same results. The older 400-402 were not available anymore. Tried also running the control panel as admin, but it behaves the same way.

I have seen another thread with the same problem with firmware update, but no solution. Any advice? And maybe worth mentioning that as this is new computer I have somewhat fresh and clean windows 10.

Comments

• Managed to get rid of that 90 degree limit with 423 driver. The control panel UI seems to be different in this version. But still cannot update firmware. When I launch firmware update the Control panel window just disappears. If I power off the wheel after that the firmware update window appears, but of course now the wheel is off. If I power on the wheel the firmware updater does not detect that. When I close that window the Fanatec control panel UI again pops up from nowhere.

So at least I can play now, would just be nice to have more recent firmware.