Very odd oversteer at times

Paul SpinneyPaul Spinney Member
edited November 2021 in Forza Horizon

Been playing on Series X with CSL DD. Its fine most of the time but every now and then I get weird oversteer even on slow mild corners, which take almost a full lock in the opposite direction to correct, usually during off road sections. Is this normal or a bug? Anyone else have this problem? Ive even tried with most assists on and it still happens. Using settings from here btw.

Comments

• I feel the same sometimes. Experimenting with controller vs wheel, controller seems to have lots of hidden assists, even when using simulation steering on both.

Just try to do a burnout with the Koenigsegg one:1, maxing the rpm 1-3 gear, it it practically impossible with a wheel and you'll spinn out, but with controller it's super easy.

I've found that if you wiggle the wheel back and forth fast while doing the burnout, the car will act almost the same as when using a controller.

However if it's a bug with the wheel controls, it's probably a bug in the game itself and not the Fantec drivers etc.

• INVERT THE FORCE FEEDBACK!!!

I was going crazy, trying for hours and watching every video and I could NOT fix this! The wheel just ALWAYS wanted to force itself hard right or left.

Inverting the FF fixed it IMMEDIATELY! I've never had to invert ffb with Forza before so i never thought to try it. 1 dude on reddit posted this fix and saved the game for me. I was ready to return it.