No WB for Playstation under $1,800??

I have been shopping around for a high-quality mid-range wheel setup, and I was hoping to finally move into the Fanatec ecosystem. I want something that can work on both my PC and my PS4, but there is no such product on Fanatec's website.

I have seen a lot of reviews online for a CSL Elite Wheelbase, but as far as I can tell they have discontinued it. I have even been searching online all day for a used CSL Elite WB, and there only seems to be two listed anywhere on the whole of the internet.

Does Fanatec really not offer any WB compatible witht he PS4/PS5 other than the $1,800 Podium Racing Wheel F1??? Even if the CSL DD (which seems to have replaced the CSL Elite WB) was compatible with the PS4, it is out of stock until 2022.

Comments

• A note: I am in the US, so I've ignored European listings for the CSL Elite WB that won't ship overseas.

• Correct. There is no playstation compatible WB for under 1800 in Fanatec offering right now.

• This has been the situation for quite some time now. You are very late to the party.

• When Gran Turismo 7 comes out, the confirmed collaboration Fanatec has with Polyphony Digital (which develops GT) will most probably result in a bundle built on CSL DD with wheel and pedals.

• Your other option would be a CSWV V2 or 2.5 used and run it with the DriveHub which provides PS4/5 compatibility. A wired controller is also needed. I’ve been using one for years with a PS4 and now PS5 works great. Games see it as a CSL elite. PC would recognize the wheel directly in PC mode

You could at least acquire wheels, pedals, shifter etc which would carry forward.

• You have few options at the moment. None of them cheap.

Option 1: Used CSL Elite or CSW 2.5 prices are ridiculous. You're going to overpay for 5 yr old technology. I saw one on ebay for $450. You'd still need pedals and a wheel.

Option 2: New CSL DD ships in about 6 weeks. Drivehub will add an extra $120. So with boost kit you're at about $670 out the door without pedals or a wheel. A decent wheel is $335 OTD so you're right at 1k. Buying a scalped CSL DD is an option and you'll pay an extra $250 to get the setup 6 weeks sooner.

Option 3: The new PlayStation version of the CSL DD will be out around the time they launch GT7 (I'm assuming) in March. That's a ways away and the cost could easily be in the same 1k range or even a little higher with a custom wheel.

Option 4: The Podium kit is the premium Direct Drive experience for just under 2k.

None of the options come with pedals (option 3 may some day) which is arguably the most important piece. Budget $200 for CSL w/ LC. Basically you're going to way overpay for anything you can get today. I'd save up a couple extra coin, wait a month or 2, and get the podium.

• Re: Option 2 (above)

Drivehub is actually $90. If you're considering a CSL Elite, then a standard CSL DD would be more than acceptable and you could save yourself the $130 on the boost kit. You can grab a McLaren or WRC wheel for $200. Another $80 for the CSL Pedals right now, and maybe another $80-100 for the load cell kit once it's available?

You'd still need to wait until the CSL DD ships (currently early Jan.), but once it does, you'd have a complete package - base, wheel, and pedals - out the door for $720 USD (before taxes and shipping).

Worth considering, I'd say.

• You're right you can get out the door with the entry level DD kit for about $750. You can even pick up a steel sawhorse to use as a cockpit for $45 from Summit Racing. That would be "entry level" for direct drive but still much better than any other system. It's $200 to upgrade it later with the LC and Boost power kit.

Unless you just want to throw money at the problem, no options are going to happen before 2022. Gran Turismo doesn't come out until March anyway so you might as well order now and wait.

I've only been in the Fanatec realm for about 6 months, but in my experience ... patience is required.