Is Fanatec prioritizing CSL DD orders with the boost kit (8Nm) over standard (5Nm)?

Hi,

I have noticed that on the website the availability of the CSL DD without the boost kit (5Nm) is consistently further out than the boost kit version (8Nm). is this a know priority thing?

I have ordered mine without the boost kit (5Nm) and have seen the estimated delivery moved back twice now. If this is the case, is there any way that I can add it to my order without starting fresh? It was something I was probably going to add down the line anyway. If it helps me get my order faster then its a win win.

Thanks

Comments

• I'm in the same situation as you. I ordered with a JUNE 17 ETA. It seems that yes they are. I hear some early buyers got the 5nm version faster because the 8nm psu had availability issues, it seems it's the other way around now.

I don't believe there's an actual 6+ month lead time on these psu's.

• Ryan SpencerRyan Spencer Member
    edited November 2021

I would imagine they're selling the "standard" version at a loss or just breaking even on it to get people into the ecosystem, and then buy the boost kit later. Selling at a loss and hoping to make it back later isn't a sound business strategy, so I'd imagine that they are prioritizing shipments that include the boost kit. The other possible explanation is that units that would've been sold as the standard DD went into the DD Pro packs. It's the same thing with some minor cosmetic differences and a chip that enables PS compatibility. The motor itself, which would be the production bottleneck, should be identical. Either way, they're trying to avoid selling at a loss, assuming the €350 price is unprofitable.

At least that's what I, someone with a boost kit and DD on order, am hoping is the case so I don't have to worry about it being delayed six months.

However, I don't think that adding a boost kit to the order would speed things up any. I think it's just a matter of how many unit they're allocating for each tier. I'd imagine many of them go to the 8NM kit and the rest get divided up between the Pro and the 5NM version, of which the Pro gets priority.