Working out the Gremlins in my Podium Playstation DD1

Tom MTom M Member

Ok so I've had the Fanatec Podium Playstation DD1 and V3 pedals for well over a week now. Working out some Gremlins, (or behaviour that doesn't make sense to me knowing and reading everything so far), and wondering why all this is happening:

1) WRC CSL Elite Wheel: Works in PS4/PS5 mode but not in PS4 Comp mode. Why? Makes no sense as from what I understand as long as I have a Playstation compatible base, ANY Fanatec wheel should work? Shouldn't matter if it is "Xbox Branded" What am I missing? My McLaren CSL wheel (also Xbox branded btw, so that argument is out the window) works in both PS4/PS5 & PS4 Comp mode. Makes no sense. Also why would it work perfectly fine in PS4/PS5 mode, but not in PS4 Comp mode? Again, makes no sense.

2) WRC CSL Elite Wheel: No matter which mode I am in, there is no active light on the LED? From the manual it's suppose to change different colours depending on the mode? Why is my LED not working?

3) McLaren CSL Elite: Goes into Hi-Torque mode with the plastic QR1 lite. Why is this happening? From everything I read, it should be Low-Torque mode because of the QR1 lite. Makes no sense here...is something faulty? My WRC wheel goes into Lo-Torque mode because it also has the QR1 lite as its designed to.

4) McLaren CSL Elite: Also no LED, no matter which mode I am in. Since this is happening with a second wheel I own, It's either a problem with the DD1 base, or the feature that was somehow revised and product literature not updated? Any insight would be appreciated.

5) Playstation DD1 Base: Had it crap out one time while racing. All control and buttons were cut off and the lcd turned off BUT the power light remained on and the usb connection remained in place, so it was still getting power. Hasn't happened again, so maybe a random fluke or power spike, etc. Not gonna worry about this unless it happens again.

As you can see very minor issues that don't really affect the overall experience too much, but I'm a curious very person, so tracking these issues down will be my focus over the next couple days. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Otherwise I'm having a blast with it! ;)

Comments