CSL DD disconnects after heavy crash in iRacing

when I have a heavy crash in iRacing - the wheel base disconnects from the game, and I have to restart the PC for it to work again. no amount of on/off on the base itself fixes this

any idea what could cause this?

so far only happens in TTrial I think

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jacobus,

A heavy force from the wheel base can cause a momentary connection drop if something is not secure. This goes for anything influenced by the forces, including other devices connected to your rig. It could be a connection at the rear of the wheel base (check the cables are all secure, and that nothing is putting stress on the cables), or it could be the connection between the wheel and the base (check all the bolts inside the QR, both wheel-side and base-side, ensure the wheel is securely mounted to the shaft), or it could be the internal connection between the base-side QR and the shaft (untighten the collar clamp, pull out the base-side QR, push it back in as far as it will go ensuring there is no gap, retighten the collar clamp very tight). You could even try a different USB port on the PC.

If none of these steps help, then there could be another connection issue, and you should contact support for further advice. You can reach them by opening a Support Ticket through the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or your can use Live Chat, which is active whenever the headset icon is visible:

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I have reconnected the McLaren gt3 v2 wheel, and will see how it goes

I noticed once when restarting the pc that it didn't show the v2 wheel as being connected

• Jacobus MareeJacobus Maree Member
    edited December 2021

yeah did all as above - wheel disconnects from game 15 LAPS - NO hard bumps

using quick release 2

will try it now with qr1

• clubsport release qr1 I mean

I am now trying qr1 lite to see if the other adapter is causing issues

• I will keep the lite adapter on for a few days and see how it goes. I have had one disconnect with it in 24 hours though.

These events are triggered by no more than a wheel over the curb, or a quick tug at the wheel to change direction. A little of a worry on base/wheel only 2 weeks old...

As an aside - should I run the base on red or yellow light switch?

• Chris LeesChris Lees Member
    edited December 2021

i was getting a disconnected wheel. undo the QR collar on the base and make sure its connected/pushed in properly. i had no problems since. its just usb c inside.

i use iracing in red/pc mode

• yeah did that - just again it disconnected after 24 laps - cant see that is hot - no cables are wiggled or stretched, hit no bumps...

• seems to happen more often in a race.