DD1 stuck in Shifter Calibration Mode

I just updated to driver version 433 and updated the firmware to 690 on the wheelbase. After the firmware update i was trying to calibrate my Fanatec H-Pattern Shifter but it does not recognise any gears or button presses. The base display says "Set the gear as shown on the steering wheel display and press the acknowledge button to teach the gear position" Wheel display says "SFT CAL set N Press low right button. i can push all the buttons and try all gears but nothing changes. When i unplug the shifter everything is back to normal but i still cannot use my H pattern shifter. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• For my CSL DD all my rims were stuck in calibration mode, like you're describing, when the shifter was in H-patter mode, with no way to calibrate the shifter's H-pattern mode through the driver or wheel.

For me the following worked for the CSL DD:

• used the short cable to calibrate (longer cable can have issues -only during/pre-calibration- according to Fanatec)
    • unmount the wheelbase from rig/stand (holding it between my legs) (calibration issues can be caused by rig/stand not being properly grounded)

I did both at the same time to avoid have to undo and redo my cable routing, so don't know if either one of the solutions or the combination of both solved it for me.

• I had a similar problem . DD1 said "Shifter Calibration Mode". And Nothing would take it out of this mode. I contacted Fanatec and they said I needed to take my shifter off my rig, set it on the floor and try to calibrate again. That worked. They said there is too much static on my rig and I need to ground it. I grounded it and now had an issue where it would go from 4th to N, and 5th to N randomly. ^ After reading Tim Kock's post, I used a shorter RJ12 cable and this seemed to resolve the issue from my brief test.

Hope my experience helps.

• Thank you, the short cable worked.