Suddenly my setup isnt seeing my wheel or base

Not sure if its because I've just upgraded to Windows 11, but fanatec driver app doesnt seeing my CLS DD anymore :(

Are there known issues with WIn11 and fanatec gear?

It sees the pedals

Comments

• Reinstalled Fanatec Drivers from scratch and it seems to have come back? Oh well?

• Yes, you always have to run at least driver repair or a complete new driver installation after a Bug Windows Update.

• "Bug Windows Update"...

Freudian slip, Maurice? 🤣

• DISCONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED (for my use case)

The black C clamp was not tighten up enough from the factory. Someone with the same issue pointed me to this solution after he already had a failed RMA and got help from someone else.

If the clamp moves over just a tiny bit either way, connection to the wheel is lost.

If it moves a tiny bit more, the base gets disconnected.

Solution:

1. Boot up base with wheel attached and open Driver page.
    2. Loosen up the bolt on the C clamp a bit so you're just able to rotate it without too much effort.
    3. Rotate till both everything shows up on the Driver page.
    4. Tighten back up to 15Nm (I was told)
    5. Enjoy!

I had to do it twice as I didn't want to overtighten it as I don't own a torque wrench and after a few corners it lost connection again. Repeated the process and tightened it more. Now it works again perfectly it seems.

• wow thankyou, although I seem to have got it back with reinstalling the drivers, I am constantly getting my enhanced button module locking up and non responsive to inputs. I wonder if the c clap issue might be causing that?

• Tim KocksTim Kocks Member
    edited December 2021

Mine just worked properly shortly and then proceeded to get worse.

1) FFB + Button functions + Pedals all stopped working only steering kept working. After a few times I noticed the wheel was getting disconnected on the drivers page, opened on 2nd monitor. After rebooting, if I turned the wheel back and forth fast I could also see the wheel disconnecting on the drivers page.

2) Same as above but now base got disconnected too. So driver page showed nothing connected. After a few times of this it would not see the base and thus any device anymore at all.

So these were my issues. Might not be the same issue, but better to know and not have it than the other way around.

Also, in another thread someone posted:

"The shaft and the aluminum here must touch, there must be no distance between them."

• thank you, i shall have a look at that method of seeing if the device is dropping connection

• Thank you for sharing guys. Great help!

• I had a simular issue. The rim LED readouts went out and a pop up message to update the rims software appeared. Nothing I tried worked. Support suggested the following:

"It is possible that the wheel base hub came loose a bit and causes unsteady contact. Please try the following: - Loosen the black clamp on the wheel base hub and remove the hub from the wheel base.- Reinsert the hub completely and tighten the clamp. Please make sure that the clamp is really tight, otherwise the hub could loosen again.

A second and third message from support suggested an RMA.

The problem seems to stem from the wheelbase's C-clamp not being tightened enough. Apparently this allows the USB connector on the aluminum shaft to disconnect.

Removing the rim, loosening the C-clamp, removing and carefully reinserting the shaft solved the problem without any need to reflash the software or for an unessasary RMA.

I hope this resolves this problem for anyone with this issue.

Happy Holidays and Happy Customer!

• Email chain:

Subject: WRC Wheel not working any longer

Original Message: Everything was working 100%. During gameplay the WRC wheel began an update. It requested an update more than 4 times and isn't recognized after several clean reinstalls of 429. I've tried reboots, usb ports, wheel on and off updates. Notinhg works in PC or Xbox mode. The WRC isnt working.

"It is possible that the wheel base hub came loose a bit and causes unsteady contact. Please try the following:- Loosen the black clamp on the wheel base hub and remove the hub from the wheel base. - Reinsert the hub completely and tighten the clamp. Please make sure that the clamp is really tight, otherwise the hub could loosen again. You will find pictures attached."

"We would suggest will be to initiate a Repair RMA and have your CSL Elite WRC steering wheel checked in our workshop. Our technician will check it for material or production issues and repair it for you. Once the RMA is created, you will receive an email from our sales team which will contain more information about the shipping process. Please let me know if you wish to proceed and have the wheel checked in our workshop."

• So glad i found your post. This is exactly what was 'wrong' with my wheel. Thank you xx