Compatability with XBOX-series

Hello out there,

I did not joyn the "Fanatec Club" up to now but really want to do.

I am on XBOX series X and have a Logitech G920 for a year which is a good start for someone who just wanted to try some things.

So after this year I tought about an upgrade, just to check if there really could be a difference between Logitech and others because I am satisfying with the wheel - without knowing, what´s possible of course.

I launched to an interview with Fanatec´s CEO Thomas Jackermeier which was a mind changer for me. To the question, what he would recommend to a newbie regarding the equipment he answered: "Buy something perfect from the very beginning" or similar to that content, as the interview was in German.

So I thought: Yes, the man is absolutely right and even I already had the Thrustmaster TS-XW plus the load cell pedals plus the handbrake in my basket at AMAZON, I canceled that intention and went to the Fanatec webiste to configure a similar bundle: CSL-DD plus wheel, plus pedals plus handbrake. Same price compared with the Thrustmaster stuff - but probably better quality .

But then I got aware of the games compatibility list and learned that WRC 9 is not supported on XBOX series X and WRC 10 not even on the list at all.

Thought this just can be an old list and contacted the support. Unfortunately the list is correct they told me.

So this is something I could not understand: Fanatec is a kind of sponsor for the WRC games, has a special WRC wheel but then you can not use it (with the series X) ?

No problem if the game would just have been released and an update is in sight, but WRC is years old and WRC 10 already on the market for months.

Unfortunately the support also could not mention, WHAT the problem is, means is it just limited in features, does is not work at all, or WHEN the problems will be saved.

So what could I do now other, than putting all the Thrustmaster stuff in my basket at AMAZON again....?

Maybe here are some racers who can deny or unfortunately confirm the WRC problems on the XBOX series X.

That will be my last chance before going ahead with Thrustmaster.

By the way: For what is the compatibility mode ? Will this be the solution maybe ?

Looking forward for someones reply.

Comments

• hello ,wrc 9 and wrc10 both work fine on my xbox series x ,using fanatec csl elite base and shifter ,handbrake ,and v3i pedals ,but fanatec will not give you any setup guides or help with setups within the game ,even tho they have a wheel for it ,it's a strange situation but they refuse to comment on it , i use a p1 wheel with this game so not sure if the official wheel has problems with the game ,anyway hope this helps you abit antony

• Michael SMichael S Member
    edited December 2021

Hello Antony,

appreciate your reply.

I really struggled with myself the last days and (unfortunately) mind triumphs over heart and feeling and I ordered everything from Thrustmaster.

Liking the Fanatec technique and the ecosystem as well as the design could not destroy all my doubts. Not only regarding the compatibility over WRC 9 and WRC 10, but also regarding the policy of Fanatec treating their customers. So many complains about the sales, distribution and communication strategie here in this forum.

I like to be treated like I would treat someone who trust in me and gave me money. This means to be honest and transparent in communication and do really everything to satisfy customer.

I´m also from Germany and I must say it´s a shame how Fanatec, a German company, handle their business. This is not usual at all and you must believe me that most of the German companies are known for their fairplay and reliability.

Beside of that I´m used to get things immediately. I really think about an order a couple of days or weeks but if I made my decision, I would like to start immediately. That´s no matter of the order value. Also for small things I like to have it right away. AMAZON is very quick here in Germany and I think also all over the world and a good example how to treat customers. They don´t argue with you. I have benefited from this so many times in case of product complains.

Going through this forum and seeing all the (small) problems and complains I must admit that I personally don´t want that. I must accept that Fanatec and I are not matching even I would loved to try the products.

I already got my Thrustmaster stuff and am excited. Maybe more excited with Fanatec, maybe not. But if you hesitate all the time, you will not get happy. And I am happy at the moment.

To all the guys here waiting for their equipment I hope they will receive it soon and I would wish for them that they will receive the respect they deserve from Fanatec.