Advice

Hi all I ordered the GT DD PRO thinking of buying v3 pedals or load cell pedal for csl, also got nice present for Xmas which was formula wheel v2.

I currently play f1 and want to get into grand turismo aswell so not sure v3 are worth it for me as won’t be using a clutch pedal?

Also cockpit I’m looking into sim lab gt evo 2, I’ve heard they are really Stable and no flex with in the cockpit, downside doesn’t come with chair that’s extra aswell.

I would like to also buy monitor stand which attach to sim rig for sim lab. I’ve heard 3 monitors is the way forward but I feel be happy to play with 1 but would like everyone advice.

I have had lot of research on cockpits, as want to feel comfortable in long sessions, and narrow my options down to 2 rigs which is gt evo 2 and next level racing cockpit gt fomula profile.

I read online next level racing have improved their cockpit with 2 extra parts to stop flex in pedal tray and mount base. I feel long sessions this cockpit ain’t for me?

currently play on PS5 with gu29 and pedals and apex omega stand with monitor on table, I love sim racing and quite hooked on it now lol

anyone advice I much appreciate it as this is expensive business but I enjoy gadgets and the experience and fun!

thanks Dan happy racing!

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Do browse through the forum as I have read somewhere there were some titles which do not have an updated support for Fanatec equipment. It is all because the game manufacturers are not quick enough to issue updates or not doing anything about it.

I cannot remember in what instances whether it is console related or the actual title itself, but do read through everywhere for anything that is related to your titles. To save yourself being disappointed.

I am only on PC and in ACC.

• presume fanatec works with f1 as on tracks they are advertised, so don’t what you actually mean or what topic you are relating to.

• I love the V3 pedals, the load cell and it's clutch, but I hate where the put they cords because I have to completely disassemble the entire base and remove the pedals just to update firmware or to plug then in as USB vs RJ12 cable depending on the game I'm playing.

But I underestimated these pedals. In games that brake faster with ABS off I can se the pedal to the limit just before locking up or in games that need ABS i can set the limit at the ABS point so that in either case I only go into lock or ABS if i really stomp hard on the brake.

• I absolutely love my v3 pedals. I really like the rumble motors on the break and gas. And I have the added bonus of using the clutch a lot. I also enjoy the customizability of the v3 pedals, it seems like you can tweak just about anything on them (dunno if it's the same for the CSL Pedals)

I am unsure about the compatibility with PS5, I'd do some more digging or see if someone responds with their experience with V3 pedals on the PS5. If the vibration motors work on PS5, I'd say they are probably worth it. If not? They still could be, but at that price point, I'd probably stay with the CSL Pedals and save the cash.

As for monitor situation, are you only on PS5? I don't think PS5 supports triple monitor or ultra wide. So you are probably stuck with going bigger (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

As for a single monitor solution, I highly recommend those 32:9 aspect ratio monitors, it's like having two monitors side by side but with no bezels. So saves you space, but gains you viewing angle. (Not as much as triple monitors, but better than 16:9) -- again, I don't think console will take advantage of a monitor like this. It will just give you black bars (or a monitor like this can take two inputs at once, so you can run a PS5 on one half, and then say a movie or something in the other half... Probably not ideal while driving, lol!)