YOU NEED A DISCLAIMER FOR Formula V2 wheel (PS4)

You guys really should put up a disclaimer on the Formula V2 wheel if using on the PS4.

Yes, it technically "works" with the CSL ELite Base, but not one PS4 game actually recognizes you are using this wheel. So its pretty much useless except for playing the F1 series games, Although even this games says your using the CSL Elite wheel.

All the nifty buttons on the Formula wheel are useless in every other game.

if i had known this, it would have definitely factored into my hardware choices............

Comments

• edited May 2020

It’s working perfectly fine in F1 2019, doesn’t matter if it says you are using CSL elite wheel, every function works properly and that’s important.

Other games need an update, so it’s fully up to the respective game dev to fully support the wheel. Codemasters shows that it technically is very well possible to fully support it. Not Fanatecs fault.

• i didnt say it was anyones fault. but the formula wheel is worthless for all ps4 games except F1. but not even that game takes advantage of all the buttons.

• and it does matter if the game recognizes the proper wheel, so you can assign and use all the buttons on the wheel

• I thought the wheel advert basically said xbox/pc only

• EVERY wheel is ps4 ready when connecter to a PS4 compatible wheel base.

• I have the exact same issue .. I purchased this Wheel in May and it does not work with Formula 1 2020 .. Whatever PS4 " Ready " implies is useless for The Formula 1 Game ..

I am not convinced that I can actually make it work , because not even one button on the Wheel even works as a " Back " Function .

I just ordered a used Formula 1 2019 Wheel on ebay .

I performed All Available Updates on this Wheel when I First set it up in May.

I guess I will sell it to someone with a PC or XBox Platform.

PS4 " READY " ❓

• edited July 2020

Yes, its fully PS4 ready and works perfect in F1 2020.

Your ordered F1 2019 Wheel is EXACTLY the same steering wheel internally btw, so wont make any difference, that most likely was waste of money if you just wanna have one of the two wheels.

You just need a PS4 compatible Wheel Base - thats the important part. Then the wheel actually is fully functional in F1 2020 on PS4 if you set it up correctly and your firmware is up-to-date.

Btw, back button in F1 2020 is the upper outer right white button (Button 17 according to the Quick Guide), or Button Cap B if you still have the Xbox Button Caps installed.