FFB Getting stuck on in ACC (CSL DD & McLaren V2)

Had my CSL DD since the middle of November with no issues but after receiving a replacement McLaren V2 rim last week I've had 4 instances where mid race the FFB just jams on and forces the wheel to full lock for a couple of seconds which obviously results in me crashing which is totally unavoidable.

Now this wouldn't be too much of an issue if I wasn't doing organised racing (Low Fuel Motorsports), luckily all 4 incidents have been during practice or qualifying when I just happened to not be near any other cars. If this happens again and I end up crashing into other people then that's bad news for me as LFM have their own rating systems and incidents get reported via video and penalties and bans dished out.

Does this sound like a connection issue between the wheel and rim? If so, is it more likely to the wheelbase or the rim or the Clubsport QR? When it happens it only happens for about 2 seconds and then immediately fixes itself and I don't get any Windows sounds like you do when you disconnect something from the PC. I need to get to the bottom of it before it gets me banned.

Comments

• Hey I have been considering getting on LFM.

Your McLaren does come with the plastic QR1 Lite right? Try that to see if it makes any difference.

• Peter FordPeter Ford Member
    edited January 2022

Yeah I could try the plastic QR actually, strangely though I've done a few hours today and it's been fine. And I've been using the metal QR since November with no issue with my previous McLaren wheel so I dunno, worth a try though.

I definitely recommend LFM, I've only done a few races so far in the Rookie series (you have to to 5 Rookie races before you can race in the next tier) and so far it's been ok, this week's track was Spa so there were a few inevitable incidents with people trying to overtake through Au Rogue but the good thing about LFM is you can report any driving that causes incidents via a link on their website so they can investigate it and punish those responsible by taking safety points and rating points off of them. Once they drop below a cwrty threshold they have to go back and redo the Rookie races againand if they persist they get temp banned then perm banned after that.

LFM have a Discord with all the different sections in both German and English and everyone on their is super helpful, I suggest poking around on there for a bit and ask a few questions about how you get started and how it all works, it's a little bit to learn at first but it all makes sense once you get the hang of it. I like the fact it's one track per week (many sessions to choose from though so you can race pretty much whenever you want) so I can focus on getting a car ready for that weeks track, get some practice in then actually do a couple od races at the weekend, it gives me a goal to work towards rather than me just randomly picking tracks to race in public lobbies.

So far I've sat about mid pack in every race so there's so really fast people on there (saw some 02:16.xx times at Spa yesterday) but theres also a fair amount of slower people than me so I get to have some good racing.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited January 2022

2:16 @ spa are NOT rookies... lol... but definitely one to consider considering the rating system so you are racing agst drivers on yr level.

But the races beyond rookies like the GT3 series, looks like you have to pay to join?

• Peter FordPeter Ford Member
    edited January 2022

I know some of them were super fast, but they're not necessarily rookies, they may have lost rating so had to go back and so the rookie races again. My brother has just started with them too and he's racing in the Iron series, as far as I can see you don't have to pay for anything. There's no mention of payments in any of my account or profile pages on their website and I haven't seen anything in their discord either.

• Looking at the different series on their website, the only thing stopping me signing up is my current rating, no mention of payments.