Gran Turismo Wheel doesn't work on the Podium DD1

Hi guys,

Since last year im the proud owner of the Podium DD1. Its a beast in combination with the F1 wheel. But sometimes its quite hard to control the F1 wheel in games like GT sport and soon the GT7 will arrive.

Last weekend i found a guy that sold me the new Gran Turismo Fanatec wheel. Before i bought the wheel i have seen some youtube videos about the compatibility and the eco system. Also i ordered immediately the QR.

But yesterday i arrived home and needed to give it a go. So i switched the rims out. The base will be in low torque because of the QR lite thats understandable. But the rim doesn't react on the buttons on the wheel. Only the F from the fanatec logo appears on the little screen.

I decided to connect it to my PC. To check it on updates but everything was up to date. Also in the Fanatec software on the PC i did see de Gran Turismo Wheel in the left collum.

Driver : 434

Wheelbase: 686

Motor Con: 40

Firmware Granturismo Wheel: 7

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Also does the podium automatically recognise the stronger OR system?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Comments

• edited January 2022

Your Base Firmware is not up-to-date with what is included in driver 434. You seem to have forgotten to simply updating the base so the base now doesnt know the wheel which is attached because its missing in its Firmware 686 you use.

You have to update to the wheel base FW 690 which is included in Driver 434 with Motor Firmware 42, then everything will work.

Note that even with the metal QR the Gran Turismo wheel is limited to Low Torque only, it is impossible to get High Torque with that wheel.

• Thnx Maurice,

I got it working doing the manual update method, thanks a lot.

Im only very disappointed at the moment because of the low torque mode on the Gran Turismo wheel. I did some researce before i bought the wheel and i din't see the note of this wheel can only be used in low Torque mode. If i knew that i wouldn't buy the wheel and de metal QR. Its just a waste of money.

And its not what i expect from the high end company like Fanatec.

Im not pushing the limits of the DD1 because it isn't necessary. max 40% torque. Now i tried the Gran Turismo wheel and also on 100% torque its to weak. With the metal QR im sure it can take allot more torque. Is there some work around to achieve more torque?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• edited January 2022

As I said, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get High Torque Mode on that wheel. So no workaround possible, no.

• I’m in the exact same situation with the podium and Gt wheel. I bought the metal QR also under the impression it would work in high torque mode. I’m fine with the ffb being low but now I’m trying to get the knobs to work also. I updated drivers and the wheel did show up in the Fanatec control panel but when I switched over to the game the mapping buttons had no effect.

• The 4 colored Dpads are ONLY supported on the GT DD PRO on console.