DD1 backward compatibility mode (CSW2.5 Mode)

Hi there,

I recently got a DD1. I have a lot of racing games, and some of them are older. So let's say 75% of the games work well with the DD1 in standard mode, the other's need CSW2.5 mode.

If I use the CSW 2.5 mode, then I can use all racing games. Of course I have to configure them accordingly.

My problem is, that I often forget to switch and that's always annoying.

Now my question: is there any downside to leaving the DD1 in CSW2.5 mode? Or the other way around: What are the advantages of the native mode?

I tried to find the answer in the forum as well with Google search. Maybe I didn't find the right search terms.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Alex

Comments

• I've asked the same question regarding the CSL DD, so I assume the answer would be the same for the DD1. There is absolutely no difference in performance, level or quality of feedback, etc. The only difference is that when in CMP mode, the device's USB ID is changed so that the PC will see it as an older Fanatec wheelbase which it will recognize. This way, you'll at least have a starting point when configuring your device for your game, and it won't simply show up as "Fanatec Wheel" or something similarly generic.

• edited January 2022

Thank you for your answer. This is what I like to hear. Therefore I can leave the DD1 in compatibility mode and enjoy all my games without checking all the times in what mode I am :-).