Mclaren GT3 v2 knobs issue with iRacing

I was checking this video on youtube: https://youtu.be/3D6EaJVPk88?t=214

on how to configure the 12-position knob and when I went to iRacing and you can see in the video each position of the knob is identified as a different button. on my v2 wheel going clockwise it's one button and CCW is another.. it doesn't detect any of the positions, Am I the only one with this issue?

Comments

• Set the MPS mode to constant or Pulse, not Auto or Encoder

• I did! (Like it was explained in the video) and it doesn't seem to work. Then I opened the gaming controllers in windows to see what the switch is doing (I can't find it in the Fanatec Control Panel), and again is only detecting the direction of the turn as a button, not individual buttons..

• Which wheel base are you using?

• That's weird.

When you set the MPS in the Tuning Menu to either Constant or Pulse it has to have 12 individual Positions indicated in the Driver UI on the MPS bars.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited January 2022

I am using McLaren V2 with CSL DD and could only get it to work on pulse. Not constant. I am on ACC.

eg: TC - traction control

in game i have set each position to represent a specific corresponding TC. dial position at 3 ie TC3 and so on...

in car setup if i have set TC at 5, and my dial is at 8 and once i am on track, if i turn it anticlockwise, TC7 will be set in the car... which is what it should be.

if MPS in Tuning Menu is set to constant, basically nothing happens on the 1st anticlockwise turn, then if i turn the knob anticlockwise again, then it will show TC4. even though the knob position is at 6.

• That's because you need to set the in game buttons as extended Inputs with 0.5s delay when using Constant which then works fine and is the far superior mode compared to Pulse and Encoder.

• ok.. In the Fanlab app it was switched to Auto.. that's it. Thanks for the help