DD2 couple of questions/issues (usb types and ffb output lag, force vs temperature)

Hello,

First here is my config:

Fanatec DD2 with BMW GT2 rim.

Drivers v356 beta (with its firmwares).

Fanatec V3 pedals, connected to the base.

Not using Fanalab or any similar software.

Tuning menu settings: SEN 1080, FF 38, LIN OFF, NDP 20, NFR 4, NIN OFF, INT 4, FEI 100, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100, ABS 100, SHO 100, BRF 100.

Gaming only on Assetto Corsa Competizione, ingame settings - Gain 60, Min Force 0, Dynamic Damp 100

My pc: CPU AMD Ryzen 3950, Mother board MSI X570, GPU 2080 ti, Monitor 32:9 3840x1080 144hz, Windows 10 (1909)

I have some topics to ask/discuss.

#1. usb

I have three different usb types - usb 2.0 from chipset, usb 3.x from chipset, usb 3.x from cpu

I made some experiments to connect the wheel to each of them and have found some strange behavior. On all of them in game wheel animation matches the rim perfectly and without sensible lag.

On usb 2.0 I feel there is very heavy FFB delay .. it is not input delay, but more like output delay - the forces are coming later and I am reacting later, and of course lap times are worse .. its like driving another car.

On usb 3.0 (chipset or cpu) most of the time it is ok, but some times after a couple of laps I begin to get this sense of FFB forces delay. I reboot the PC and everything is perfect.

My questions - what can be done in order to avoid this variations in the FFB response? Is it the game, is it the driver, is it the OS responsible for this strange behavior?

#2. forces vs temperature (play time)

I have noticed that when I play for some time usually 10 or more minutes the forces becomes noticeably weaker - the wheel becomes softer than what it was right after powering it on. If I check what temperatures are - usually Motor is 35-37C and Driver is about 40C and the Fan speed is always 600rpm.

It is quite annoying. I also tried a couple of times on the fly to increase the FF setting during the driving - but actually it does not affect the the behavior too much. Yes it increases the peak forces during long corners with good grip, but that weakness in the most corners does not go away. I have not played too much with all the other settings.

My question - what can I do to have same forces and behavior during longer usage? Isn't it supposed the wheelbase to have internal compensation (curves) of forces vs temperature?

#3. drivers

I am using v356 beta and I see that there is v365 beta. There is nothing in the change log related to the above issues that I have. I don't want to risk blindly upgrade. Is it worth trying the 365? Are there any noticeable changes in the wheel behavior with the 365 drivers and firmware?

p.s. I also sent this to technical support

Comments

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited May 2020

#2. forces vs temperature (play time)

I have noticed that when I play for some time usually 10 or more minutes the forces becomes noticeably weaker - the wheel becomes softer than what it was right after powering it on. If I check what temperatures are - usually Motor is 35-37C and Driver is about 40C and the Fan speed is always 600rpm.

My question - what can I do to have same forces and behavior during longer usage? Isn't it supposed the wheelbase to have internal compensation (curves) of forces vs temperature?

37C is a very low motor temperature, there shouldn't be any FFB heat fade.

It is quite annoying. I also tried a couple of times on the fly to increase the FF setting during the driving - but actually it does not affect the the behavior too much. Yes it increases the peak forces during long corners with good grip, but that weakness in the most corners does not go away. I have not played too much with all the other settings.

Try to increase Gain to 70 in-game settings.

• Thanks Hristo

Yes I also think that this is low temperature. What should be normal temperatures after 1 hour of gaming? Is it possible that the readings are inaccurate or there is something wrong with the temperature sensor. Actually sometimes before I power it off I check the readings and I have never seen the Motor temperature above 38 I think and always the Driver temperature is higher.

In game 70 is little too hard for me at least on cold motor conditions :)

• Unfortunately, my knowledge of this wheel base is limited and Fanatec technical support can help you the best.

Успех!