Podium Button Module Endurance Not Recognized by Computer / Can't Update Firmware

My Podium button module is suddenly not working. I had been working flawlessly prior to this. The issue happened in the middle of playing a game on my PS5 and GT DD Pro. Out of nowhere got an error message on the bme oled saying: "WARNING Steering Wheel not supported! Please update the firmware!". When I connect the wheel base to my PC to update the firmware, it recognizes the wheel base and the hub, but not the button module, so there is no way for me to update the firmware. That option is grayed out.

I've spent hours trying to fix this. I uninstalled the driver package from my computer, I also uninstalled all of the Fanatec devices from my device manager, then flashed the firmware first the wheelbase, then I connected the Podium hub to the wheel base and flashed that, then I connected the button module to the hub but still the same issue. I just can’t find a way to access the the podium button module to do anything with its firmware. I even tried the beta firmware package (v435)....the option is to upgrade the firmware on the BME is always unavailable. See the attached image. It is also unavailable if i try to manually update it. It is like the hub/wheelbase/comptuter doesn’t recognize the the BME is even connected. The USBC connection looks fine to me as well.

I have a number of other steering wheels that all still work fine so this issue seems to be limited to the button module. Its really a bummer as this was my favorite wheel. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Comments