Pc vs ps5 problem/difference

Hi!

i’m playing f1 2021 on pc and ps5 with a csl elite base and v3 pedals,with the same settings there is still a big difference between them. On the pc i drive much faster and driving without assists is just much better/easier. On the ps5 i struggle with grip and have a lot of trouble driving without assists and everyone is driving much faster then i can. But at the pc my pace is definetly there and sometimes 1 second per lap quicker. It seems like that my elite base is working different on both platforms while using EXACT same settings. Its really frustrating because i play more on the ps5 because of league races but it feels really annoying to drive. Is this a known problem and is their a solution for it too let it work the same on both platforms?

Comments

• I think you'll find that there are slight differences in the recommended settings for your base between the PS4/5 version and the PC version of F12021, particularly the Wheel Damper and the overall FFB strength.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Consoles also tend to have more input latency, which leads to a higher potential for oscillation, which is why our recommended settings are often more conservative for console versions of games. Consoles are more often played on TVs, which also typically have more latency compared to PC monitors. This can all contribute to a slightly more disconnected feeling on the console version of a game, particularly if you quickly switch between the two.

• Yeah oki ,i knew that there is a difference but the difference feels so big at the moment that i am doubting myself. Playing both pc/ps5 on the same screen . 4k 144hz gaming monitor. Its just not fun anymore to play on the ps because of the lack of grip and sliding all over the place. But if there is nothing i can do more it is what it is. Thanks for reply!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

If you're hitting 144 fps on the PC version it will certainly feel quite different to the 60 fps of the console version, even on the same display. But it's possible that the game itself behaves slightly differently between the two versions beyond just latency.