Trak racer FS3 stand with CSL DD?

So im trying to get a wheel stand for my wheel but everything is out of stock apart from the trak racer FS3 stand.

Sadly there are only a handful of videos on youtube about it and all are old so im not sure how sturdy it is with this base, if anyone is using one id really appreciate some input thanks.

Comments

• I think you should be fine, but it may depend on what your setup plans are and what your expectations are as well. I am currently using my CSL DD (5Nm) and Clubsport v1 pedals with an old Rennsport Wheel Stand which I don't think is quite as sturdy as the FS3 appears to be, and I don't notice any big shakes or wobbles. I don't use an external shifter though, as I find that does add to the wobble to enough of a degree where it detracts from the experience for me.

If you're planning on using the 8Nm, and/or are planning on an external shifter or handbrake, I think you may be better served by saving your money for something a bit more substantial. If an entry/mid-level rig is not in your budget, or not practical for your situation, then I'd say it depends on your tolerance for how much things move under use. Different people have different tolerance levels for what they find unacceptable in terms of movement. Everything, aside from a top end aluminum profile rig, will have some degree of discernable flex.

That being said, I've been using my Rennsport stand for the better part of 10 years now, first with a 911 GT2 wheel, and more recently I swapped it out for a CSL DD. I find as long as I'm not whipping the wheel around like a gorilla, even though there is some flex and movement, I don't really notice any of it while I'm driving. So, I think that as long as you're going into this with reasonable expectations, I think you'll wind up being pretty happy with the FS3 from what I can see.

• Hi Gregg and thanks for your reply.

I do plan to get the 8nm when i get a good stand :)

You see i had the GT omega apex a few years back but sold it on as i just wasnt enjoying simracing with my G29 then but now with the GT DD PRO version of the CSL DD im totally immersed once again.

I have a back injury so im more or less ruling a rig out as my current chair is designed for my back and is ultra strong and comfy so for now im using a desk which is actually very sturdy but id like stand to move in and out.

Ive attached a photo.

I did find one old review of the FS3 from that chap that pased away recently but its an old one and he was saying he wouldnt recommend it for a DD wheel, then again DD wheels then were not 5 or 8nm.

• I am using a table clamp with the CSL DD (5nm).

Just received the 8nm 3 days ago and the base moves around too much with 8nm PSU. My office chair, even though on thick carpets, moves on hard braking! I have to shift my chair forward every 3 laps... 😅

Am back on the 5nm for now until I decide what to do with a rig. Thinking of building one with wood or just splash out on a Trak Racer aluminium profile. I have already got myself a 49" monitor and so I have to do something. My main worry is the wooden rig will not safely hold the monitor. It is quite wide.

• That does look like a pretty sturdy table. Almost seems like going with a stand would be a step down in that department. But I suppose if you're wanting the convenience of having everything attached to your stand and then being able to put the stand away when not in use, it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer. From what I've seen of the FS3 (I watched that same video you mentioned), I'm not sure I can see how any stand can be much more stable than that. One advantage a stand will give you over your current setup is a sturdy place to put your pedals, rather than just resting them on the floor. This will be good if you ever make the decision to step up to a set of load cell pedals.

• The FS3 is ideal for those on tight budgets and space or for those not needing a full sized cockpit but are still in need of a professionally designed rock-solid wheelstand. I've found the FS3 to be very compact, easy to assemble, extremely sturdy and adjustable enough to mate up with any free-standing racing seat or with gaming and office chairs.

FWIW, I have been using the CSL-DD (5nm) securely mounted to the TrakRacer FS3. There is little to no flexing even in the most demanding situations. Mounting a Fanatec shifter requires a little imagination however. I'm using carpet spikes intended for loudspeaker stands to keep the wheelstand firmly attached to my carpeted floor.

I couldn't be more satisfied with the

quality of the Trakracer stand and accessories. I'm not affiliated in anyway. I'm just a satisfied customer.

• Thanks everyone, @Carl Marinoff great to hear its doing the job for you.

• I just bought the FS3 ,I wonder if I will need to take a trip to hardware store to mount? I think I got some bolts with the DD pro

• As far as collapsible wheelstands go the TrakRacer FS3 is quite capable of rigidly mounting and being able to adjust direct drive wheel, shifter, handbrake and pedal setups.

The shifter mount on the FS3 is designed to accommodate Logitech and Thrustmaster form-factors. Lowering the Fanatec shifter will require an additional bracket/modification (and cost). TrakRacer seems to be responsive to the needs of their customers and has added several optional mounting brakets to their catalog.

1. Be sure to setup the height of the FS3 you'll need on the first build. You don't want to have to readjust it later.

2. Don't intend on folding the stand up when not in use its not practical.

3. Mounting the Fanatec shifter requires a ($30) adapter bracket in order to lowered its height.

4. The FS3 is wider than most racing seats and may not match up with standard seat rails.

5. The accessories and mounting brackets are very expensive.

6. No cable management and not compatible with the aluminum cockpit accessories.

• I bought the TR80 more than a week ago, but they did not send me all the items listed on their website.

They have now updated their website to show a new TR80 version, called TR80mk5... which do NOT include the components that was not sent out in my purchase.

You see what they have done?

• Hey Carl, I’d just like to say thanks for posting your pics.

I’ve got the FS3 & shifter mount (currently with the G29 setup) & my Fanatec order is just about to ship.

i just noticed that bracket you’ve got on the shifter & ordered it from TrakRacer in anticipation. I just assumed I’d be able to mount it to the normal one.

was also going to order their DD Base bracket, which was $70, but looks like yours is secure, so cancelled that.

Thanks! 😊

• Hey guys,

Do you have a link to where you can buy that extra FS3 shifter mount as I can't seem to find it anywhere looks great! I actually lost my original shifter bracket in a move and seems trak racer can't replace it so also was wondering whether that is needed for this connection or how this one connects to the stand?

Many thanks

Peter