What one to buy

So I'm in the process of setting up a SIM setup and are the clubsport v3 worth the extra money over the new cls LC?

Comments

• Vibration motor on the V3 brake pedal is worth its weight in gold for me personally. I play ACC and with Fanalab the V3 brake pedal vibrates exactly as the ABS kicks in in game. Not all games and platforms support this though.

• It very much depends on your budget, platform and intention. What is your overall plan for your rig? Do you plan on including tactile or motion? The Clubsport range is Fanatec's middle range. CSL are entry level. Fanatec don't currently offer a high end deals in their Podium line but there are other pedals available from other manufacturers.

Only you can decide if something is worth investing in - nobody can help you with that.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited February 2022

Clubsport V3 is €360 (available now) compared to CSL pedals €200 (available 14 Mar).

As what Peter and Gagaryn has mentioned. All depends on what you want it for.

I only play ACC and did wish I had splashed out the extra €160 for the rumble motor and I know I will be in ACC for the long term! Learning tracks, braking points, same track over and over and over, change settings, over and over and over, change settings, repeat. Eat, sleep, work, a few other things... repeat! 😄

Check that the game you mainly wish to play has support for the rumble motor! Check on this forum and the game developers forum for support, otherwise you can save €160.

• If the only appeal, for going with the CS V3s over the CSL LC, are the rumble motors then you'll be happy to know that you can build your own and run them off Simhub for less than $50. There are a few tutorials out there on how to set this up.

• edited February 2022

Buy whatever you can find instock... unless you don't mind waiting 3 months to get your stuff... lol

Also the inverted V3's would be my pick if I had $700 laying around. I have the CSL Load Cell for now tho.