Questions: CSL DD XBOX Series S/ first time setup advice/tips needed.

This will be my first set up ever. Was just wondering if anyone had any startup advice or tip that you think would be helpful to a beginner.

I'll be playing F1 2021, Dirt 4/5, Forza Horizon 4/5, eventually Dirt Rally 2.0.

I've alrdy downloaded the newest drivers and Fanalab to my PC. But wondering if it is mandatory to plug in the base and to pc and update when I get It out of the box. Looked like people are downgrading drivers for Forza 5 because of crashing issues.

What happened if I just plug it right into the xbox without updating drivers first?

Also for normal use,, should the xbox be on first, or should the wheel base be on first then turn on the xbox?.

Thanks. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is my first wheel ever.

Any good forum post to I should look at?

Comments

• Congrats on your purchase! The main thing I'd recommend is to have a look at the different subforums here for recommended wheel/game settings. Also, you'll probably want to keep a little notebook or something handy to write your settings in, since the wheel only stores 5 sets of settings. (Fanalab, a separate utility program you can run on your PC, allows you to store unlimited settings, but is not compatible with consoles).

• Also, as far as the whole Horizon 5 thing goes with downgrading drivers, it really depends on just how badly you want to play it with a wheel. I am able to play every other game in my collection (AC, ACC, AMS2, ATS, RF2, DR2.0, even Horizon 4) with recent drivers and firmware. I personally am not willing to downgrade to drivers that are around 2 years old (and potentially lose out on features and refinements that I enjoy in other games) for the ability to play FH5 with a wheel. It's just not worth it to me. An Xbox controller works just fine for that, and is still plenty enjoyable.

Now granted, this issue has been plaguing PC folks...I tend to think you'll be ok on console, but I'm not 100% certain.

• Right on. The only games I currently own are F1 2021 and dirt 4 anyway. I think my next purchase will just be ACC instead of Forza 5 since some ACC is having some update thing for the series S... thanks for your input.

Also it's it Feb 10th and just reciede my "warehouse processing" email for the CSL DD that was FEB 28th available. And shifter and handbrake order "WP" email was sent on the 8th. Looks like I'll be ready to race well.before the F1 season...