Xbox vs PS regarding steering wheel support

edited February 2022 in Steering Wheels

Is there (in general) any difference in what buttons/functions of the steering wheels that are support on PS5 versus Xbox series X?

I read somwhere that xbox have limited apis for controllers. Does that transfer to steering wheels so should I favor PS over xbox when buying a game to get the most out of my steering wheel? ( I don’t own a PC)

Comments

• Xbox does indeed have limited button support. You'll get standard buttons like your ABXY, LB, RB, etc. But any sort of toggle switch or rotary encoder, or basically anything other than what you'd find on a standard Xbox gamepad, either won't work at all, or it will be a duplicate of a button that exists elsewhere (and can't be reprogrammed independently). You'll also get no LED support on wheels that have them. You'll be able to use the wheel to display tuning menu functions, but no support for showing things like engine revs or course flags or anything of that sort.

I can't really speak to the Playstation side of things as I have no personal experience with it, but from what I've heard, you will at least get LED engine rev support (assuming the game you're playing supports it as well).

• I use a Formula V2 on a PS4 (with a CSL Elite PS4), and every single button/dial/LED works - except for the left joystick, but that might just be an issue in F1 2020. I use it with the APM, and the extra paddles all work as well

• Ok, thanks guys. Seems I can`t go wrong wth the ps5 version then.

• FWIW, Microsoft and Fanatec are supposedly investigating/ working on a solution. This has been the status quo for several years now however, so your guess is as good as mine as to when we might see something tangible, if in fact we ever do at all.

• Bonjour à tous.

Pour ma part j'utilise une PS4 (avec une CSL Elite PS4) ,j'ai installer le volant ClubSport RS dernièrement en faisant toutes les MAJ comme il fallait enfin je penses.😪

Toutes les touches fonctionnent correctement sur ACC, Gran Turismo , Projet Car et quand je démarre Dirt 2.0 tout se passe bien j'utilise la touche ok bien et là arriver page d'accueil touche croix pour démarré le jeu flop la touche X ne fonctionne pas sur le volant rien a faire impossible de lancer le jeu rien n'y fait je ne comprends pas? Qu'est-ce que vous en pensés?😥