WARNING fanatec stock control fail!

So I bought a bunch of gear from fanatec aus site at the start of May. Dd2 (because dd1 was out of stock), clubsport v3 pedals, podium r300 wheel and a brake performance kit (which was out of stock until 20th of may)

All items were in stock at time of purchase, and about a week later when i checked my order status they were still in stock. I figured maybe they were just delaying sending my order until the performance kit was in stock, to send it all at once.

On the 26th of May I checked again, because it should be sent by now. But all of a sudden everything is showing out of stock!

When I got in touch with the sales team, i was told that there was a stock-keeping fault and the computers didn't show sold out when they were sold out. Fair enough, things happen. I'll take their word for it I guess.

For it to supposedly take over a week for stock to update, and to have surely sold a lot of stock that doesn't exist, how was no one notified of this? The only reason I know something was wrong is because I checked the status.

Either that or they sold my stock to someone else while they were waiting for the brake mod to come back into stock. But zero contact or updates is shockingly bad customer service.

So spending $4,000 on sim gear, from this reputable company, has left me with an unannounced 2 and a half month wait, with no updates, and no effort to try and make me feel like I haven't been shafted. It's very disappointing, and I will be looking into alternative products to take my money elsewhere

Comments

• exactly why I haven't purchased from fanatec - but honestly, there aren't many options out there right now - WHICH ISN'T TO DEFEND FANATEC!!

There are too many customers that are saying the same thing - and no amount of "Pandemic excuses" are sufficient to justify the lack of communication. They just don't have good customer service, and they definitely are missing something within their eCommerce operations, and apparently have no appetite to improve it.

...pretty sad...