Just received my CSL DD this doesn't feel right, settings are missing in software, no vibration etc

Hi everyone.

I've just received my 2nd Fanatec product for my 2nd sim rig, this time I decided to try the CSL DD with the 8nm boost pack, where as I'm using a Clubsport 2.5 on the other rig. But so far I feel like I'm missing something big or this wheel has a problem, isn't set up right possibly and looking for a little assistance. Everything feels so light and loose, very little feedback, no rumble on curbs, no resistance in the corners, very little FFB etc. The only way I can get it feeling better is to increase the NDP (natural damper to 100% from the default 50%) Obviously this isn't correct and not something I want to do, but at default 50% there is zero resistance there, nothing. Also, I seem to be missing a lot of settings on the wheel, when I toggle through the wheel settings ingame on the steering wheel, all I have is Sens, FFB, NDP and I think something that looks like C_5 and A_2. Where are all the other settings? I'm looking at the recommended settings from Fanatec on what to set the various settings to, but half of them are missing. There is also no [SHO] setting in Fanatec software and Fanalabs where on other ppls pictures that setting is visible. I've clicked the button to "show advanced" I've updated all the firmware for the wheelbase, wheel rim and V3 pedals and also running the very latest Fanatec and Fanalabs software.

Can anyone possibly help me please, this is not right at all surely. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• edited February 2022

As you could see when you open the Driver UI Tuning Menu you are stuck in a new Standard Tuning Menu with limited settings and limited ranges for the values.

You need to switch the toggle in the Driver UI or alternatively press and hold the tuning menu button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu to switch into Advanced Tuning Menu and voila, all your settings and Setups 1-5 are back.

The [SHO] setting btw was removed intentionally in the Firmware, Driver and FanaLab in the latest versions when your steering wheel does not support this feature so its only shown for wheels which have vibration motors.

• Thanks for replying. I did note that I'm in the advanced setup already, but those settings aren't showing up on the wheel for some reason. Why does the wheel feel so tame in comparison to my CS2.5 on my other sim rig? That I don't understand. Like I explained, I'm having to use 100% NDP to get any resistance from the wheel, in iracing im having to use between 22ffb and 24ffb to get some strength to it, I've got the iracing wheel force set to 8nm too. It just feels really light and tame compared to my CS2.5, so much so it's concerning me its not right. Surely a DD should be better than this or certainly better than my CS2.5.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Anthony, which settings are you missing? Are you using exactly the same iRacing settings as your ClubSport V2.5?

The ClubSport V2.5 does have very slightly higher peak torque, but it should be very comparable and the DD should offer advantages in terms of fidelity and response that outweighs this small difference.

[Fanatec Community Manager]