Will the developers consider a push-pull paddle?

The static paddles look great but I'm more interested in a single push-pull paddle like the WRC cars. Wondering if you have plans on it.

Comments

• hahaha... this is only the 2nd time i have seen this topic in a discussion.

i did not even know what it was last time round. 🙄

it is whether there will be enough demand for it though as there is already an alternative out there.

• Not sure if i understand it correctly but doesn't the McLaren wheel has it? New BMW wheel seems to have it also, https://cln.sh/YkyTm2lRfE7N6yDuqpKv

• Yes these GT3 wheels have it but I would like a separate, static one so it will not go around with the wheel, which is more comfortable in rally driving.

• Seems like the logical thing to do would be to take their existing Static Shifter Paddles, and add the ability for them to be push/pull. Then people who like having two paddles could still use them in exactly the same way as they're currently used to, while people who want to mount only one of them would be able to do that as well.

I'm guessing adding that ability might not be a trivial matter. Either that, or there hasn't been enough demand to warrant doing so. Possibly both.

• Definitely demand I think.

Those that that have been rallying for the last few years have been using the sequential gear shift mounted high and close to the wheel.

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited March 2022

Last time it was me who raised this topic. However I decided to give a DIY solution a try because chances are low there will be one as WRC prohibited these things to keep costs low. So I designed a Fanatec compatible Push/Pull Paddle Shifter myself using electronics of a second hand Fanatec Static Shifter for guaranteed compatibility. I also switched to a magnetic system. I'm now waiting for my 3D printed parts made of carbon fibre reinforced polyamide and aluminium reinforced polyamide

In the meantime I am also using Fanatec SQ Shifter close to my wheel. But I needed to install a shorter shaft and to design a more usable knob similar to Fanatec Handbrake grip. It works absolutely fine now. But well... I'd like to have options though.

• That's really nice. Exactly what I want. Wish I could have your skills🤣

• Well… we will see… Originally I designed the mounting parts for CSW. Now, still waiting for my parts to be delivered, all of a sudden DD Pro is available and of course I HAD to buy it! Unfortunately it looks like there will be some collisions. So I might have to redesign some of the parts. BUT! If you are interested I can share the final files (or CSW compatible files) with you so you can build it by your own. You‘ll need a Static Paddle Shifter for electronics and mounting to a wheelbase, a couple of different bolts and two strong magnets.

As soon as I have my parts I will show the results and tell how it works - IF it works :D