CSL DD users: which CPU and mobo?

Given I still have USB issues with my AMD 5600X which affect force feeback, I am thinking of switching to Intel. Mainly looking at the i7-10700K.

Are there any CSL DD users with this CPU or similar ones that could tell me which motherboard they have? If there's a "combo" which works well I may as well pick this one.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• I have Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO with 9700k. No problems at all with CLS DD. It's not even connected directly to mobo but to unpowered USB, which is plugged into the front USB 3.0 port. I also have Thrustmaster shifter and a button box connected to this hub :).

• I am using b450 with a ryzen5. 👍️

• Aorus Z390 and i7 9700k

• Xeon [email protected]

Dell 08HPGT

It's basically an old server that I've converted to a gamer. I too have had some USB issues where certain ports will work fine with the CSL DD, and other ports it either won't be detected at all, or it only detects it if the wheel is in CMP mode. Never did manage to figure out the cause, I just found a port that worked reliably and stuck with it.

Of course, I'm now having issues with the wheel disconnecting from the base, and am on my 2nd RMA for the problem, but I'm hesitant to say whether that has anything to do with the combination of processor/mobo/USB ports as opposed to just a faulty base.

• I am using same CPU 5600X and Asus prime b550m-a (wifi) mobo and have no USB issues.

A common USB issue is Windows switching off Power, if you haven't check the USB Power Management setting.

• I read this and my initial reaction was yeah yeah yeah, I know. But something was nagging at me and said you know what, why not just double check and make sure? I could have sworn that I had turned off USB power management back months ago when I first started noticing port issues. But I just checked now, and it was enabled. I must have either reset the setting somehow, or something got changed in an update, or I don't know. Regardless, thanks for the reminder. Maybe it will help avoid some issues down the road.

• A friend also suggested such power setting. Is it in the BIOS or somewhere else?

• 5600X with ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

No USB issues

• As un update, I went for a core i7-10700KF and a ROG Maximus Hero motherboard. On the positive side, stability and audio issues are gone, but this weird FFB trend is still there.

My first impression with AC was really good (much better than it was before switching systems), I could feel understeer and the limit of grip which I couldn't beforehand. However as time went on I noticed the same trend and saw the weird stuff in the log files (like PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (x64 - AMD or Intel) in the FW-Error.log file, and doesn't say Intel like previously...)

I just had the idea that maybe it was a Windows issue? I run Windows 10 Pro, but which version are you running?