GT DD Pro unable to upgrade steering wheel firmware to v7

In PC mode, updating steering wheel firmware from v6 to v7 always stuck (upgrading wheel base firmware has no issue), I was exactly follow the instruction, once confirmed the dialog in firmware manager, it will stop responding right away and always showing a hourglass icon, the display on the steering wheel will first show an "F" icon then flash with "CAUTION: please update the firmware", the power button on the wheel base will also slowly light up and down in red.

I have to force close the firmware manager, power off then back on the wheel base to get the wheel connect back to the windows, fortunately it didn't turn into brick...

I also tried switching to PC compatible mode, got exactly the same result.

I also tried boot into safe mode of the windows 10, still got the same result.

I also tried uninstall the driver and reinstall it follow the instruction, still not working.

Tried another PC, still not working...

I then submitted a support case, the reply I got was "As a first step, I would suggest detaching the Hub at the CSL DD and then reassemble it."...which sounds quite skeptical to me, will I void the warranty if I have to reassemble the hardware parts?

Any way, not sure if anyone else is facing the same issue, I think I need some help...

Comments