junk

after doing some digging, it seems that the driver package does NOT include drivers for the usb adapter, what crack are these devs smoking to claim that this is acceptable, does anyone have the .HEX file that is the firmware for the adapter to get it into csl elite pedals mode, would love to use these pedals but may end up use them as target practice in the back yard.😡

Comments

• Seems you did not digged deep enough because the USB Adapter is fully implemented into the new UI by now with Driver 439.

• I will give you the information of my trials as I gave to the support team

Starting with a machine that has never seen any devices other than a USB keyboard and trackpad

My order of operations is as follows

1)install driver package

2)restart computer

3)plug in USB Adapter 

4) wait for USB Adapter to be read by computer (wait extra long)

5) open fanatec control panel which subsequently opens the game device property page

6) go to update page of device property's

7) click the red lettering that says update to firmware 1.12

8) select yes to confirm update

9) let everything crash and watch as the USB Adapter comes back showing up as a new device

Package 439 attempt 1

Driver/ elleged firmware package 439 results in device disconnecting and reconnecting as a different device in the device manager, also fanatec control panel procedes to crash when any additional action is attempted. Trying to reopen the control panel brings up a blank game input properties page.

Driver 439 attempt 2

I plugged in the USB Adapter before installing the software package, restarted the computer after install, went into device manager to the game controller properties. Clicked on the update tab. Then clicked on update driver button

The window to select what device I want to be adapting does not appear, and the device disconnects.

Driver 439 attempt 3

Installed driver

Restarted computer

Plugged in Adapter with pedal module attached

Allowed Adapter time to get recognized by computer

Restarted computer

Opened fanatec control panel 

Fanatec control panel recognized Adapter and opened game controller window

Opened game controller properties

Update firmware prompt appears (1.12 since Adapter is on 1.10)

Opened update tab

Clicked update USB Adapter firmware

Device disconnects then reconnects as a separate device from original instance

Driver 434 attempt 1

Device type selection window does not appear after selecting update device firmware button, device disconnects then reconnects as a separate device listing.

Fanatec control panel crashes when trying to open.

434 attempt 2

Tried with pedal module connected no change. Device disconnecting and reconnecting