Force feedback problem with csl dd base on series x

Hi guys

End of last year i was lucky enough to receive my first ever dd base never owned fanatec gear before and that purchase was the DD base got the xbox/pc compatible version 8nm one the formula v2 rim red version the new csl pedals 80 euros version and the advanced paddle module all have worked great since then no connection issues what so ever am sure am not alone in this but i currently have the latest driver package 439 along with base version 1.1.5 motor 1.0.2 st wheel 44 installed i mostly play on series x for f12021 havent tested it in other racing games yet so cant comment and do the usual stuff by checking the formula v2 rim in the wheel options thats what i have but when i try to up the force feedback settings using fanatecs recommended ones say to 70 ish% in "Peak" mode it tends to shake violently like mad from side to side making it impossible to hold on too or race with feeling ike it could snap off the rim at any moment i get its 8nm so its more powerful but impossible to race on where if i switch to linear mode say on the wheel to 40% ffb both in game and on the wheel the violence goes away from it so am able to drive with it no problem this is without no affects by the way all at 0 while i tweak it so am not sure whats causing the issue 🤔Just frustrating that i cant set it at a decent level to drive with without it breaking my arms off so i dont know if i have the right drivers installed or what thats causing it so be helpful for suggestions as i really dont know what to change on it and thanks in advanced for the advice ive also been told its not fully supported on console than it is for pc so that could be one issue 👍️

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Daniel,

The combination of FF 40 and FFS Peak in the Tuning Menu and Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 65 in the game is indeed very strong, so you will get plenty of oscillation if you are holding on to the wheel very strongly. You mentioned that switching it to FFS Linear made it better, this is because Linear is effectively like turning the FF value down. And of course turning the in-game strength setting down also makes a big difference to the violence of the forces. There is nothing wrong with doing that, you should just find what works best for you.

It is possible that our suggested Wheel Damper 10 setting is not correct. The intention there is to run some damper to reduce oscillation, but it might be having the opposite effect. Try running Wheel Damper at 0, it might be better.

[Fanatec Community Manager]