which wheel base should i save up for(DD1 or CSL DD)

I'm a controller player so far if you would ask, and ofc I'm thinking of buying my first wheel(and my dream one), i was thinking of better buy something and never really wanting to upgrade, like the new csl dd that fanatec offers with formula v2.5 and cs v3 pedals, but i had a question about which base is better for my likings, i mostly play f1 games and ac f1 mods,(i might start acc too when i get a wheel) For f1 is it better to get the dd1 or the csl dd? I mean in f1 you might need smoothness(like csl dd has) but you might need some real forces too sometimes(like dd1's) i just wanted your opinion on that for f1 games and ac f1 mods,

Thanks

Comments

• DD1 is an upgrade over CSL DD and higher torque levels so the only consideration is you need something with stronger FFB.

Is the CSL DD smoother than DD1? Shouldn't the FFB on the DD1 feels the same as the CSL DD if you turn it down, since both are DDs?

• If you are indeed looking for a dream wheel and don't want to upgrade the DD1 is the way to go.

The CSL DD is excellent value for a DD wheel but it is a budget wheel built to meet a very aggressive price point. If your budget will stretch to it you will have a much better experience using a DD1 than a CSL DD.

You are right to be considering the available force too - even with the bigger power supply the CSL can only offer 8 N m peak. That's less than half the force available on the DD1. Lots of CSL users will try to convince you that is enough but it really isn't - it's much better to have plenty of force headroom in reserve so that the wheel can respond properly to additional forces without running out of power and clipping - stuff like Eau Rouge and kerbs.

• CSL DD if you going to be desk mounted for any amount of time.