My review of racesims.uk DD Zero Play hub

If you use several wheels DON'T BOTHER. I have to use both my hands and both feet to get the wheels off because it's so tight. Also the Fanatec Quick Release does not fully engage the hub like it does on the stock Fanatec hub.

0 out of 10

Comments

• edited April 2022

I have 4 QR1 hubs and absolutely love this racesims.uk solution. This zero play hub has a very tight tolerance. It’s not for the faint of heart. I had to remove my tightest QR1 hub from the wheel and play with it a bit with WD-40 but was great once it went on and off a few times. My most used hub/wheel actually accumulated wear from so much use and as a consequence had a tiny bit of wear/play. I had to come up with my own solution there by “flaring” the aluminum. Again, not for someone that isn’t willing to tinker. It’s correct that the zero play stem does not allow the quick release slider to fully seat. That is necessary for this solution, as the five balls are keeping the hub pressed towards the wheel base. If the QR’s slider fully seated then there would be no pressure to keep the play eliminated.

• It basically turned my stock QR1 into a one-wheel PRESS FIT.

THANK GOD for the release of the QR2. I can now throw the useless Zero in the trash.