Fanatec Support just told me this noise is normal, which is quite shocking if true

DD1 + Clubsport RS + QR + Shifter Kit

If these noises are normal I truly regret my decision to go with this brand.

---

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and for providing a video. I watched the video several times but to be honest I cannot confirm any issue on the video. What you hear there are the metal balls in the quick release system. You can only reduce the noise a little if you install the safety screw or if you lubricate the metal balls with thicker grease. However, such noises cannot be prevented completely.

In case that more support is needed or something is unclear for you, do not hesitate to contact us via email or via phone, again. We will be glad to assist you.

I wish you a sunny day and stay safe.

Comments

• Yup - that's normal. Use some thick rubber safe grease and it can be eliminated.

• Grease it. Keep it neat.

Do not get the grease anywhere close to the electrical contacts.

Just the areas where the wheel QR come into contact with the base shaft. Metal on metal areas only.

• Never heard that kind of sound from my DD1, so definitely not normal !

It´s very common for Fanatec that screws are not tighten properly at factory, so did You check those two screws of base QR

• It's normal, just like said before, what you hear are the ball bearings inside the QR and it can be solved to put some thicker grease on them as suggested. In my experience thicker grease solves the crackling noise but it makes it a greasy mess.

Instead of putting thicker grease on it I used the locking screw (pick the one from the box) and that solved it for 90% also. QR2 probably fixes this issue completely but when that will be available....

• Silicone grease or red rubber grease. Brand is unimportant, just check that it is rubber safe.

• I have had my DD1 Since they were first released and never had any noise like that

• Thanks for your replies. The sound only comes with the bigger diameter wheel, the F1 wheel doesn't have the problem. I switched multiple QR around so the QR itself is not the problem. Looks like the sound appears if the force on the QR is high enough. In my opinion the QR has major design problems and is simply junk. Very disappointed.

• Mine doesn't make any noises - certainly not like that. With a big, heavy BME wheel, I had to use the locking pin to avoid rattling, but I see that you're already using the locking pin. The rattle I'm referring to only happened during high intensity FFB vibrations.