DD Pro and V3 ready to be unpacked and ...argh, updated! (concerned to say the least)

Hi everyone,

weeks ago I received the DD Pro, and my V3 in january; everything is still boxed, I'm preparing the new rig.

since 2017 I own a CSL Elite (PS4) + CSL pedals with LC (and dampers mod), I'm using it with satisfaction, with PC2 (well, not the best but there is no hope for this really nice game), GT SPort (GT7 in laying on my table) and especially with ACC + the formula V2.5 wheel .

I will not put aside my "old" set until the new equipment is installed and working, then I'll probably sell the "old" (but gold) stuff.

I did not post since months but I'm having daily readings through a lot of discussions....and I confess I'm properly worried about the sw and fw update process.

I have great considerations about Fanatec, I was a little harsh in the past, we all users are sometimes I admit...but there is really something not quite okay in the software part I think....there are so many users having issues and troubles simply during the very first and most important phase of the process.

Why is that?.

In summer 2021 I got the 2.5 wheel, and I had to update my CSL Elite....it took me 40+ minutes to get out of a temporary nightmare, I thought "wheelbase's bricked"....and, I say, I work with pc and software.

So yes, I confess, I'm genuinely concerned about all the process, and having all-new stuff like the DD Pro and V3 I hope not to mess with it; I'll have a look again on the proper setup sequence, if I have to connect the pedals first or last during the process and so on...and hoping to have full operations for the formula wheel ...it's sooo nice now on my CSL Elite and ACC....a beauty.

And yes, I do not need the new CSL pedals (DD Pro bundle included) and the table clamp, I will sell them and use the money for charity or Ukrainian help.

As I wrote months ago, I know that our "worries" here are nothing compared to everything else....and even I work my ass off to gain a living....I'm still a lucky person (well, I wrote a lucky bastard, really).

A big hi to everyone, stay safe, be gentle and help if you can.

Comments

• First, I don't know about DD's, yet. But I haven't had any problems when updating firmwares in CSR Elite, CSW v1 or with CSW v2, which I still use. I have always had my pedals attached directly to base, back then CSP v1's and now few years CSL Elite LC.s, so I have never had any problems with them either.

• I got a DD Pro recently. Connected everything up to the wheel base, plugged into my laptop and the software detected it and updated without issue.

• I’m not worried but failure rate in this process is quite high, and HW issues aren’t lacking either, the shaft-clamp one being the most “disturbing” matter to me.

Plus, it was a “near miss” with the boost kit package... the power connector to the base was terribly placed in the box, hanging outside the protective foam and nearly opening a hole in the carton lid...but luckily the plastic ‘hook’ is ok, so are the pins.

I’ll do first the wheelbase alone, and connect wheel, shifter and V3 after.

I may not experience issues, and I hope to have no hw problems to deal with because every time I read a post about this (I read discussions on a daily basis) I really feel it for any of you fellow Fanatec companions.

Thanks again to everyone!

• I forgot to ask, did you use the latest 439 package? I’m using it exclusively on PS5, at least for the next months.

thanks!

• Sorry for the slow reply only just seen the notification. Yes I'm using driver 439.

• Thanks mate! Updated wheelbase during the weekend, but no chance to test it yet.

guess my reply was even “slower”! 🤣

ciao!