Is Quick Release Lite safe?

Hello! I have seen some videos about the fragility of the Quick release lite, even causing breakages in the steering wheel, and the pins.

Also, I have heard some complaints about creaking and squeaking when using it.

what is your experience with it? Is it advisable to buy the QR1?

Greetings!

(I apologize for the automatic translation)

Comments

• I really can't be much help with the durability of the QR Lite as I didn't use it for very long. $100 seems a bit steep, but for me, I just had spent a lot of money on the GT DD Pro + a load cell kit and figured that the extra $100 was worth it to prevent any issues that may come from the QR Lite. The QR1, while not a complete night and day difference, seems vastly superior to the QR Lite. You can just tell by holding it that it is a quality product. Where the QR Lite seems like a piece that was made decent enough, but obviously built to keep costs down. Plus, I think there is a reason that the QR Lite can only be used in low torque mode for the higher torque bases.

Sorry for only kind of answering your question, but for me, I almost looked at it as a $100 insurance policy. Hope that helps your decision.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

i only have 1 wheel and so i do not undo and reattach. it has been fine. have been using my base and wheel since oct 2021.

if anything i am just waiting for QR2 to be released.

• Thank you very much for the answers.

For now, I'll try the QR lite, I'll see what to do with the future release of the QR2.

Greetings!