Podium BMW M4 GT3

edited March 2022 in Steering Wheels

Hello, i have just received that new BMW M4 GT3 Steering wheel.

The manual says a specific QR1 USB Update Cable should be included but it is not.

Also the Linked Manuals or Videos in the Quickstart guide are not available (dead links)

Help appreciated...

Comments

• edited March 2022

You should have got an Email 3 weeks ago regarding the slight delay of up to 3 weeks and in that Mail it was also mentioned that because of material shortage the QR update Adapter Cable will not be shipped with the wheel but will come shortly after.

So you actually can not update the steering wheel.

• Wow that was fast! Thank you for the reply.

You are right, i seem have then misread that mail. I thought it was only about the QR2.

Thanks a lot and best regards, Alex

• edited March 2022

Alexander, sorry to hijack your thread, but did your order status change and/or did you get a confirmation of shipping?

I ordered it really quick after it went live, I am in Germany, but havent heard anything yet.

(edit: sorry, rephrase: didnt hear anything after the 3 week delay mail, I see that could have been interpreted wrong)

• edited March 2022

Everyone in the 1st batch with original shipping date 28th February got a notification on 25th February that the shipping is slightly delayed by up to 3 weeks.

If you didnt got that notification then you are not in the first batch and ordered too late as first batch was sold out in under 5 minutes, next batch is end of June.

• edited March 2022

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for your reply, I did get the email (on the 25th of February).

My order confirmation was within 3 minutes after it went live.

Havent heard anything after that, hence the question.

(edit: it is listed on my order page, with an availability date of the 28th of February, just no orderstatus change or shipping confirmation)

• Ordered mine aswell with shipping date 28 Feb,

Recieved an Email on 25th Feb and since then its silent. (which is okay for me).

The only concern i have is that in my order theres no Date anymore just "open".

Hope im still in first batch and recieve it soon. Cant wait!

• Thanks for your reply, I'm not alone. ;) Lets hope its on a delivery truck somewhere.

• UPS just passed by again. After the long wait, the lack of info is just annoying. Every online purchase of 5 euro is being send with a tracking number. On reddit a few people got their wheel, but also stating that they never got a tracking number.

Would be nice to see improvement on your end here Fanatec.

• If you login, go to order and hit view your order. Maybe there you can find your track and trace code, normally if it’s out for delivery they showing there the code.

good luck and have fun!

• Would be nice if it was that easy, right? Sorry, but as you can read in previous comments, Fanatec fails to give any info.

• I hope until he comes earlier mine was on September 21 well don't keep my fingers crossed😎

• You ordered one from the 3rd batch Daan? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I still haven't heard anything about my rim after the 'it will be delayed by a maximum of 3 weeks' (can I use the bold text here as was used in the mail?)

Order status on the website hasn't changed, (order being processed) only the update cable was added yesterday, but my availability date of the 28th of February has now disappeared completely.

I'm very annoyed, and feel like trying to talk to fanatec is talking to a wall for a week. It just doesn't give a...

• Hey Bram. When the update cable got added just yesterday, it may be possible that Fanatec waited for the cable to ship wheel and cable together?

Nevertheless, keeping my fingers crossed for you. The more simracers get the wheel the better. I am constantly looking out for reviews of the wheel.

• Sure, thats possible, but it would have been nice to hear anything from Fanatec about it :(

• edited March 2022

Status update here.. still nothing after the received e-mail with the delay.

• Support/Webshop automatic reply says 2-3 business days. It's now a week (5 business days).
    • Orderstatus is still order being processed, availability date has been removed, update cable was added.
    • No tracking number.
    • No information from Fanatec whatsoever...

If you communicate with your customers in bold printed text that it will be a maximum of three weeks added, at least have the decency to communicate about further delays and/or progress instead of leaving me in the dark.

• Status update 2:

A webshop response. Order still not shipped, should be shipped 'soon'.

Thanks for the update!

• Yes, i got the shipping confirmation just two days before i received the wheel.

In the meantime i also have gotten the update usb cable.

I think i ordered within first minute it went online. At that time it was not possible to order on the dedicated m4 page but on the detail shop page. Think that made a difference. First i was worried Mr. Jackermeier delivers my wheel in person which he did so for the first v2 2021 edition i think... 😂

Hope you guys get your wheels soon 🤞

• Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't that quick, but ordered after just a few minutes. Guess I was a lot further in the line because of it. The first batch order was confirmed on the order screen though, and I have received the 3 weeks delay mail. Got a 'it will be shipped soon' reply from Fanatec 2 days ago.

Currently the order is still being processed :'(

Guess they ship the thing one at a time or something.

• edited April 2022

Chat, first in line, disconnects after 30seconds.. rinse and repeat.

So, phone reachable from 14:00 - 16:00 local according to the chat window that never works. 14:15 and the line was still dead, now of course its busy non-stop.

Maximum of 3 weeks, almost reaching 5 now.. come on Fanatec, this really aint funny anymore.

Edit:

After 1+ hour of trying, I got through. Support gave me an explanation about the situation.

Fanatec: inform your customers BEFORE they have to call support to finally figure out what is happening with their order, it will save you a lot of time, angry customers, and helps your support heroes.

• Well, support told me last time, that it would probably be shipped before the middle of this week.. If not, call back.

Guess what, my order still didn't change. Here we go again...

• I feel you, Bram. But hey.. at least your wheel is close to shipping. I have to wait over 5 months still... :( :D

• edited April 2022

And, without any feedback from support, the order FINALLY flipped to 'about to be send' and I got the automatic mail for that.

What an incredibly bad experience until now. Just being kept in the dark, or getting promises that aren't kept.

• The rim has arrived. All in perfect condition, and the first impressions are awesome.

That said, the experience regarding this preorder is still leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

The response time on questions regarding the delivery is WAY too long, the steps taken are not being communicated at all (except the famous maximum 3 weeks later (in bold) email). This could all be avoided with a bit more transparancy on the way you deliver these things. Inform your customers that you only ship out a few at a time and that mine was further back in the queue would have made a big difference.

When you finally get to talk to someone at your support department, the promises made are not being kept. (delivery should be in the next week, otherwise contact us again). So, I try to contact support again after a week. No response for weeks.

To add insult to injury, support responds 3 hours after my order flips to send with a default response of 'it is listed as shipped, ordernumber will be available shortly'. If you would have responded after I send the original request, and not after more then 2 weeks (!!!) with a decent answer like the queue mentioned above, it would have been better...

Fanatec, if you want to serve a broader public with your gear, make sure you have the organisation to back it up. Because currently, it sure doesn't feel like you do.

I would not recommend anyone buying from you in this state. As long as the gear works (and mine does, and I am happy with it) it's fine. But as soon as it has anything to do with communication (RMA's and regular questions), you are no where near a professional company.

For me, I'll probably use your gear as long as it doesn't break, but the next set of wheelbase and rims is not coming from you.

Regards.