Firmware auto update feature shuts off DD2 mid race!!!

I was in a strength of field race today in P3 when the auto update feature on the Fanatec Control Panel decided it was time to update the firmware, which promptly shut off the wheel base and sent me careening at full speed into a wall. I realize I can work around this feature by shutting it off when I race, and on when I am done but the software should have the capability to detect when the wheel is in use and NOT update. Seems like an oversight to me.

Comments

• It's not an oversight, it's a game issue.The base or driver itself do not have an Auto update feature.

Let me guess, this happened in iRacing, right?

Since their March 2020 (!) update the game in some Situation puts the base into update mode.

They did not found the root cause yet but have to fix it in their game so you should contact the iRacing Developers in this regard.

One thing you can try is to disable the pedal vibration feature in the game options. That's the only thing which came new with their March 2020 Build 2 years ago which could explain such a behaviour and for some disabling this setting indeed fixed the game issue.

• I appreciate the feedback, I’ll try that solution. Ad yes it was iracing .