CSL DD Pro shaft wobble

Hi all,

Just upgraded from the Logitech G29 to the DD Pro and what an experience! I'm really fond of the product.

One thing I've noticed is that when you look at the shaft, it seems that it wobbles or looks bent, just slightly. I don't experience anything negative while driving with the DD Pro.

I've found this YouTube video which shows the issue, but mine isn't as bad as theirs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P_38qlC2YI

Is it normal that the wheel bases have a slight wobble in them?

Comments

• Yes that's normal.

The video basically explains everything...

• Johnny MatosJohnny Matos Member
    edited May 2022

My shaft is bent to the left and it's about 3 degrees off center. Enough to make my right shoulder hurt and make cornering an awful experience with the extra oscillations produced by the wheel trying to find balance. I wish it was bent down but no, it had to be bent to the left. When I grab the wheel I can feel my left arm being more extended than my right arm and the wheel just looks so ugly and unsettling when mounted because of the misalignment. It seems to come from the stem and not the shaft itself because reseating it made no difference at all. I wouldn't call that normal and it definitely messes with my driving. If I can't fix this at home I'll be biting the bullet. I'm not in the United States and overseas shipping is too expensive for me. There's no way in hell I'm paying that much to send them back something that shouldn't have passed QC in the first place. Not just that, my base also had a weird grainy feeling that was calmed down with a firmware they sent me, but I had to wait and you can imagine how little enjoyment I've had. It's been one week into VERY light use and it became even more apparent than when I initially tried it.