Need some advice on ordering

Will try to be concise:

On May 4th I ordered the Forza Motorsport bundle. Originally it said July 17 availability which I was willing to accept. This week that availability date was updated to August 17th with no explanation as to why.

If you go on the individual product pages for the components that make up the bundle, they are saying pre-order for June 12 availability.

I am considering cancelling my current order and ordering the wheelbase, pedals, and steering wheel that I want separately in the hopes they actually will be available and will ship out in June.

Wishful thinking?? Of course I cannot get any useful communication out of Fanatec and their abysmal customer service, so I'm not sure if I just sit and wait until my bundle eventually comes, or try another strategy to get parts sooner. Worst case scenario I am waiting until August either way.

In addition to that question, for those that have cancelled their order through your Fanatec account, were there issues in that being processed and getting your refund in a timely manner? I just don't know what to expect with these guys...

Thank you!

Comments

• It looks like the Forza rim has a date of August now, at least in the US. But, all preorder dates seem to have been very subject to changing. So, no telling what will happen between now and July/August.

If you want to get things now, ordering whats in stock seems to work for many,

Refunds have been only 1-2 business days for everyone I have seen.

• I cancelled my bundle and ordered separate parts. I didn't like that Forza wheel anyways.

Went with Alcantara GT, which is still on backorder until July but whatever. I just hope I get my refund in a timely manner.

• I order all available product on the 22th and my packages came in a few minutes ago. now i just need to wait for the load cell kit to come back into stock.

• Thanks, good to know. I am hoping that this strategy works for me as well. What a circus this has become!

• It really has been. All my stuff is here and set up now.

• Well they processed my order cancellation and refunded my payment. That was good to see.

I've submitted a new order for individual parts with apparent sooner availability, we'll see.