How to use the McLaren GT3 V2 clutch bite point?

Randy LervoldRandy Lervold Member
edited March 2022 in Steering Wheels

I just love my McLaren GT3 V2 wheel and am now ready to start using the clutch bite point feature. I see Fanatec has a video with instructions....

I follow the instructions in this video exactly and just can't get it to work, can anyone point me to another tutorial that might explain it in a different way?

BTW, I'm in iRacing, I see from the comments below the video that others are having trouble with it in iRacing too but the graphics on the screen show that she is actually in iRacing doing the instructions. Another factory, this was shot in 2018 with software version 311, we're now up to 439, has anything changed with regard to the clutch bite point feature?

Comments

• edited March 2022

Nothing has changed and it still works exactly like shown in the video... Make sure the Middle MPS is in Mode A and then it should just work...

Whats new in 439 and latest FanaLab 1.63 is that you can set the CBP also directly in the Software though.

• Thanks Maurice, I'll circle back and keep trying, you've confirmed that it still should work and that's a help.

• Just occurred to me: I don't have a clutch pedal or manual shifter, I'm just using paddles so the clutch is "automatic", could this be why I can't set the bite point with the center MPS switch in position A? I'll try it in position B and see if that works, anyone tried that without a manual shifter?

• edited March 2022

You dont need a Manuel Shifter and you also dont need a Clutch Paddle.

You just have to map the in game Clutch to the Paddle in Mode A and then it should work, otherwise your wheel might be broken.

And ONLY mode A can work, the other modes work for different things like Throttle, Brake, Handbrake, Analogue Axes.