CSL pedals from Gran Turismo DD pro not working

Hello,

I recently bought a 5Nm Gran Turismo DD Pro Set and a ClubSport Wheel F1 Esports V2 for my son. They came a month ago and since then I ve been struggling to install pedals. Fanatec says on the site that they are plug and play. It wasn t like that for me. They didn t work at all from the beginning. I also bought a Fanatec Club Sport USB adapter with the hope that I will solve the problem. He came today, I tried to do a software update but I think I misunderstood his role. I don't think it was necessary for DD pro. I installed the software from Fanatec since a month ago, everything works, except the pedals. It doesn't work with any game. My son is playing on PS5. I m thinking of sending them all back. It is very frustrating, for the money I paid, for the child to wait a month with them at home and not be able to use them. Maybe someone has an idea and can help me.

Thank you very much!

Cristian Mavris

Comments

• It may sound obvious what I am going to say but do you have the pedals connected to the base with the rj12 cable?

On ps5 they only work connected to the base, never by usb.

• Hello,

that was the first thing I did. But they did not work. That's why I thought an update should be made just like for the steering wheel or whellbase with FANATEC DRIVER 439. That's why I ordered that adapter. I read on the internet that the update for pedals can only be done with a direct connection to the computer and only with the fanatec Club sport adapter.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

That's not exactly correct - the basic CSL Pedals set are not updatable by themselves, because they have very simple 'analogue' electronics. It is only once you upgrade to the Load Cell Kit does it give the pedals a digital brain which has its own firmware, and this allows the pedals to be manually calibrated, adding start and end points to be saved on each axis.

The ClubSport USB Adapter is an option for people who buy the CSL Pedals on their own, and want to use them as separate USB input device on PC. It is the USB Adapter itself that may need a firmware update in order to detect the CSL Pedals correctly.

The CSL Pedals are intended to be connected directly to a wheel base, the USB Adapter is not necessary. Much like the USB Adapter, it is the wheel base that might need a firmware update in order to understand the signal from the CSL Pedals.

But this is NOT the case with the Gran Turismo DD Pro package. Although we recommend updating firmware, the factory-installed firmware on the Gran Turismo DD Pro wheel base is already fully compatible with the CSL Pedals. They are intended to be plug and play.

If they did not detect, then that points to a hardware issue - either the pedals, the cable, or possibly the wheel base pedal port could be defective.

Therefore I recommend that you open a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, and the team will assist you with further troubleshooting.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• yes that is my deal, i will switch out cables . ill disconect and begin again. just unboxed . brand new , pristein. would appriciate a clear idiate proof step by step detailed walk thru of set up . the gt dd pro w boost comes w both 2 power supplys??? the brick 8 torc and the reguler 5 torc powerpac ???

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Anthony, have you watched our video guide? It should explain everything you need to know for the initial setup:

If your pedals are not working, please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

To answer your other question, the 'standard' Gran Turismo DD Pro package (base, wheel, pedals) always comes with the smaller power supply. If you buy the '8 Nm' bundle or the 'Premium Bundle', then you are given the Boost Kit 180 in addition to the smaller power supply. This is different from the 'Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base' - this is a separate product configuration that ONLY comes with the Boost Kit 180, and not the smaller power supply.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• yesterday I got my new DD PRO bundle with CLS brake paddle and boost kit and I have the same problem that the throttle did not work!

I try everything but also with the original brake paddle the throttle did not work.

If I connect the brake paddle to the clutch, the CLS brake and the clutch work but the throttle not.

New Firmware is installed, and the connections are correct.

It seems that there is a technical problem with the throttle accelerator!!!