GT DD PRO Steering Wheel Problem: 3 buttons are pressed permanently

Hi there,

since today I suddenly have the problem that 3 buttons on the steering wheel are permanently pressed: The green multi, the L3 button and the circle button:

The firmware of all components is up-to-date, switch on or off, put the steering wheel on the base again... does not bring any improvement.

What can I do here? I'm totally desperate here right now...

Thanks in advance for tips and many greetings from Dortmund, Andreas

Comments

• Good morning, I took a look at the PIN's on the steering wheel. These are all solid and not bent, but one pin doesn't stick out as far as the others. Can that be the cause?

• edited March 2022

No. That is normal.

Looks more like a general issue with the wheel and you have to contact the support.

• Thank you for the hint. I have already opened a TIcket. Of course i would like to fix the problem myself.

I can´t explain why the wheel is suddenly behaving so strangely...

Best regards,

Andreas

• I had weird behavior like this that drove me crazy. I ended up doing a pedal calibration and at MIN (0) I actually set the values between 1-2%, so just slightly engaging the pedals, for the Minimum baseline and its been perfect ever since.

• Did you spill a beer on the wheel? That could cause it maybe.

I have a physically broken hat switch on my wheel that I am trying to fix. I may have to take my wheel apart.

I can still race with the wheel, but I have to use a handheld playstation controller for the "hat switch" functions - which is annoying and must be fixed, or I'll be getting a new wheel