Very disappointing FFB with GT7 compared to GT SPORT

Hi,

I just unpacked and installed my gt dd pro (everything is up to date). Just before receiving my wheelbase I stumbled across a youtube video stating that the FFB in gt7 is poorly detailed, especially compared to GT Sport. I thought that it couldn't be that bad as the wheel has been specially developed WITH polyphony.

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiV4etLUPcs&ab_channel=randomcallsign

Well, after some testing I can perfectly relate to what they are saying and a lot of people are experiencing this too in the comments.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Coming from a G29, Thrustmaster T300RS, I know how the gran turismo FFB should feel like. After testing the DD Pro with gt sport (on which the dd pro is just perfect btw), I can confirm there is a big difference.

So my question to Fanatec is: are you/polyphony considering this issue? The main advantage of a direct drive is to feel everything in detail (which your marketing is all about), to surpass the belt driven bases. So how is it possible that, even if you guys collaborated with each other to develop a wheel that should be "perfect" for GT7, it's so far off in terms of force feedback. It makes it hard to feel the car, which should be the exact opposite.

I understand the problem is solely related to how the FFB has been developed to work with the wheel (as ACC and GT Sport feel so good, which is so frustrating...), but what know?

Maybe people who are knew to playing with a wheel don't feel this difference, but you guys seriously need to work on this, or at least take this seriously with Polyphony.

I hope improvements are coming very shortly, because this simply destroys the experience with this beautiful game that is GT7 and the GT DD PRO.

Many thanks in advance for your reply and opinion about this.

Comments

• edited March 2022

reading the comments under the video I see a lot of people confirming the problem. You simply don't feel the car, the forces applied to it (like it should I mean), you don't even feel the curbs, which is a basic. Gt sport does it all and again the gt dd pro is PERFECT with this game.

• This is somehow the wrong place to ask such questions.

You would need to ask this to Sony/Polyphony Digital as THEY have developed the game and can "fix" it, not Fanatec.

• edited March 2022

That would be totally right if it was another game. But here the problem is a bit more complicated and for me Fanatec IS partially responsible.

when you work with a developper and market a wheel as the "perfect" one for such a big game as GT7, it must be spot on. Especially when you're a company like Fanatec for which sim racing is their core business.

so the "fixer" here is indeed polyphony but fanatec should at least be able to explain why there is such a difference with gt sport and if/when this will be solved.

@Fanatec, please give us clear information about this. That would be much appreciated.

• edited March 2022

Nope. You misjudge the development and seem to have no knowledge about such things like contracts and relationships etc.

Fanatec has absolutely no right to say how a Game Developer has to do the FFB.

Fanatec can ask and tell them that they could improve it, but they can not force them to do so.

Also Fanatec can not speak for the Game Developer what might be wrong here regarding the FFB and when it's going to be fixed or improved. It's not a Fanatec exclusive issue, Logitech and TM users also claim about Lack of FFB so it has nothing to do with Fanatec hardware and it's not up to Fanatec to clarify anything regarding a maybe not so good FFB, that's up to the Game Developers exclusively.

• As much as I appreciate your feedback, I think Fanatec can at least comment about this (or are you somehow related to them??). There is too big of a difference to just ignore it.

Again, the core business of fanatec is sim racing. So when you partner with such a big license that is Fanatec, the wheel-game combo needs to be perfect. Currently you just miss a ton of details that such a great wheel as the gt dd pro is capable to offer. As a sim brand like Fanatec, they should be worried about the experience of their customers. It's even more true and thus frustrating that on gt sport or ACC the wheel acts like you would expect it to act.

Plus, the wheel itself bears the name of the game that is supposed to work perfectly with. How on earth wouldn't they be responsible (or at least care) about the feedback that their wheel gives?

So again, I would like to have Fanatec's feedback about this. I will (try) to ask polyphony about this too of course but I doubt that I will have a chance to do it or even get a response. So as a Fanatec's customer, I (and many others) expect an answer.

(apart from gt7, I LOVE this wheel, it surely is on another level ! )

• Exactly my experience. i asked in the forums about the kerbs, it's just not acceptable, even the gamepad responds to the kerbs. The wheel feels like it has a rubber band to simulate the forces and nothing more. Very one-dimensional. I'm happy you found a review that stated this, i wasn't so lucky and saw maybe 4 or 5 reviews all saying how good and responsive and detailed the wheel was in GT7. Well no it isn't. I also come from the t300rs. I initiated the the process to return the GT DD Pro, i only use GT7.

• Fanatec has commented on this before. The same thing that Maurice said, is what Fanatec have stated. Many times before in fact. The wheel can only give the feedback that the game sends it. So why do you “expect” an answer here, but not from Sony/Polyphony? Why would you not have the same chance to ask Sony/Polyphony?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Nicolas,

We are in contact with PD about this topic. It is ultimately up to them to decide how their FFB signal works, but I'm hopeful that the game can improve with future updates in this area.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited March 2022

Hi Dominic,

Many thanks for your quick reply. I'm happy to read that you are aware of the problem and it's being discussed.

I just read a note from polyphony about future patches (until end of april), but sadly enough they do not say anything about FFB (they are working on a ton of things but not the core of the sim experience..). Maybe they'll improve it without talking about it.

Anyways, I hope we can get some improvements in the coming weeks so that we can enjoy the dd pro as it should perform.

If you have some updates from polyphony about this matter, it would be great to share it with us here.

Regards,

Nicolas

• Honestly, with being lazy to not change any settings out of the box and using in GTS & GT7 ingame 5/5 ffb settings, I could notice with every wheel upgrade, also the upgrade in ffb, but also the change from GTS to GT7, had clear improvement of ffb.

I can compare the following for both GTS and GT7:

Thrustmaster T300

Fanatec GT DD Pro, with and without Boost Kit

Switchting to the DD Pro, then the release of GT7 and later on getting also the boost kit, always had an improvement of ffb. The least noticeable upgrade was honestly when purchasing the Boost Kit, as the only thing it did improve, was the overall strength and resistance, with not getting soft feedback under any circumstances, but in regards to details, 5nm stock was imo the same. The ffb in GT7 seems just an evolution of GTS, but not a revolution.