Will McLaren GT3 V2 wheel be compatible with QR2?

For others wheels, it is stated explicitly in the website that they will be compatible with the new QR2, however for this one it says nothing about this. I assume that since you can fit a QR1, and other QR1-compatible wheels will be compatible with QR2, then this one will also be, but who knows if there is any limitation that will make this wheel incompatible with QR2. Anyone has information about this?

Comments

• EVERY wheel with an exchangeable QR will be compatible, no matter if mentioned in the webshop description or not.

So: Yes.

• Question is going to be, is it worth it to attach a QR that (maybe but not unlikely) is going to cost more than the wheel itself? Now i don't know what the exact price is going to be but looking at similar QR systems like a QRX or a Krontec QR we are talking about a price range between 300 and 600 euro and you could ask yourself "what is going to be the additional value of that QR2 on a wheel like the McLaren GT3 wheel".

On a larger diamater wheel like the Podium Porsche on a DD1/2 wheelbase i can imagine the benefits of it (the SC2 sport i have here has a Cube wheel with QRX QR and it's definitely a better solution when it comes to flex / play) but let's not forget the QR1 worked perfectly fine for most people since it's introduction. It isn't the "best" QR solution in the world but it isn't as bad as some people claim also ;)

• Maybe. Only if you believe in the many worlds interpretation of the multiverse theory in quantum mechanics. There may exist a world where Fanatec released the QR2 somewhere around the chronology they said they would. In that world there may be many happy sim racers sitting at their rigs using QR2 and others answering the door to smiling UPS drivers, hex driver in hand. There may be another world where similar sim racers are now excitedly placing their QR2 orders. But in my world the QR2 seems about as likely as the two propositions I just mentioned. :-)