DD1 Shutting Off

My DD1 has started shutting off on me randomly and I'm looking for advice on things to try/check before I'm forced to send this back to Fanatec. It's plugged into a surge protector and a powered usb hub. It's not data connection it's losing, but it's fully shutting off so I need to turn it on using the power button in the back.

Base was delivered to me in early February and worked flawlessly until early March. It started shutting off on me randomly 2-3 weeks ago and there is no consistent pattern of when it does it. Sometimes it happens during a corner and sometimes during straights. Track/car doesn't matter. Single player or race doesn't matter. I've always been running it at 55% strength in FanaLab and 60% gain in ACC, which is the only game I play. I need to turn it back on with the game still running because the inputs I was using at the time of the shut off get stuck. Once it's back on, there is 0 FFB until I restart the game.I've tried a driver reinstall twice now and it doesn't help.

I'm extremely frustrated with this entire experience. I don't want to have to go through the RMA process for a podium level product that I spent a lot of money for and haven't even used for 2 months yet.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• I am having the exact same issue in a very new DD1. Randomly shutting off in game, even on lower Torque settings.

• i send u guys a PM.

• I have exactly the same issue. But just in corners.

• I had a brand new DD1 and had the same issue. After a couple of weeks of trying to troubleshoot, support sent a RMA. You will need to contact support (took about a week to hear back from them). Probably a bad batch of products.

It did not matter what version of drivers or firmware or whatever, there was no fix for me...

• Sucks to see a bunch of other people having the same issue too. Brian might be right about it being a bad batch if all of us have bought it recently.

I'm going to move forward with an RMA instead of trying to troubleshoot further.

• I brought a DD1 and the fan is always on even after calibration.

and I want to return it and no one is getting back to me even after a week.

no one is working apparently or there just not getting back to me.

and the one person who did get back to me. The information they gave me didn’t help at all

• Shane VelmereShane Velmere Member
    edited May 2022

Just bought my DD1 in February 2022 and mine is shutting off too. Tech support is so slow to respond, I just want something that works, I feel like I paid a lot money and I want a quality product and support. I am so disappointed. FANATEC please help your customers.

• Sounds exactly like what I went through, mine was purchased in February 2022 also. I think I submitted my ticket at the right time, just before customer service got backed up and started taking weeks to respond. Hopefully they get back to you quick but here was my timeline:

• Received the DD1 on 2/10/22
    • Submitted the support ticket on 3/17 with extreme detail & included video of the PSU making high pitched noise
    • Received first response from support on 3/21 offering to send out a replacement PSU because of the noise, or to create an RMA case
    • I replied back on 3/21 requesting an RMA & received a response on 3/22 with an RMA #
    • Received a shipping label to send the base back on 3/23
    • Dropped the base off at Fedex on 4/4 (I delayed dropping it off after receiving the label because I didn't want to accept that my brand new $1,200+ wheel base was broken)
    • It was supposed to arrive at their service center on 4/7 but showed that it was still out for delivery on 4/9. Fedex tells me the package is being returned to me, so I send an email to Fanatec to find out what's going on.
    • They get back to me on 4/11 to confirm they received it, even though Fedex tracking stills shows it on the truck for delivery. I call Fedex and I'm told the package is lost and I need to start a claim.
    • I send Fanatec another email on 4/12 asking them again to confirm they received the package. I also let them know that Fedex told me it's lost.
    • I don't get an answer to that last email on 4/12, but I received a tracking number for a new base on 4/13. New base was delivered on 4/14.

The best advice I can give to you is to include as much detail as you possibly can in your support ticket and try to include a video if you can. My initial ticket looked like I wrote a novel with all the details I provided. I'm not sure if that was the reason I didn't wait 3+ weeks for a response or if they just weren't as backed up then as they are now.

Best of luck! I know how frustrating it is so spend that much money and get a product that doesn't even work.

• edited July 2022

I bought my dd1 over a year ago so it’s not a bad batch. It’s gotten worse over time that I can’t even complete a lap unless I drive like I’m on the street. The thing shuts down when I brake hard or shift. WTF is this? And why the hell do I have to write a novel or make a video for a known issue?

I think it started shutting down after I was sent a replacement PSU around February cause my old one’s fan would not turn off. Now I have a base that wouldn’t remain on LOL. So the problem could be the new batch of PSU’s.

I also upgraded to a EVGA 3090Ti around the same time which turned my HP Reverb G2 into a brick. Could be related. Also no solutions from HP nor Nvidia and similar no response support. We consumers getting bilked is becoming a trend.

• Bought this for our son for Christmas in 2022. He has had nothing but problems. There is the high pitched sound coming from the base and keeps turning off. He is so frustrated that he barley uses it. He is driving the USF series this year and we purchased an entire sim set up for him to drive the tracks. Waste of money!!!

What should we do? I have reached out to customer service and opened ticket and no response.

Please someone help us get this resolved.

Thank you!!!