CSL DD5nm "Sold Out"...

I ordered on March 2nd, back when the website was taking orders and the estimated ship date was July 29, 2022. So now that it's sold out, and my order no longer shows a ship date at all, should I still be expecting to receive the items I ordered? Has Fanatec said anything official about the availability of the CSL DD 5nm moving forward?

Comments

• Unfortunately pre-order estimated shipping dates are such. They can change at any time.

Does anyone know if the PSU or the base is made in Shanghai? With lockdown there, there will be delays. To think that they can have a conscious mind that they can eradicate COVID. Move on...

• Fanatec has 5nm PSUs for GT DD pro, but non for CSL DD, very interesting.

• Probably it has to do something with inventory / stock management and the fact that even if they are exactly the same they aren't on inventory level in their warehouse.

You could say "be a bit pragmatic and just take a PSU from X, Y, Z if they are the same" and that could work out fine if you have a small warehouse with small stock levels but i can imagine you don't want go that way on large warehouses where everything is running via a streamlined system ;)

• edited March 2022

I do appreciate you guys commenting and helping to bring some attention to this but my question is still unanswered. I simply want to hear from Fanatec.

For clarity and transparencies sake:

The item I ordered shows as sold out and shipping dates have been removed.

Will my order be filled or cancelled?

Thank you

• Fanatec will not answer you through here. Send support a message.

• It is a common business practice to start with a price that loses profits then raise the price when you gain customers. Just like uber did and such. So the 350 DD won't be that forever. It's very common. It's almost a year in. Pry won't be 350 very long.

• I have essentially the same happening but with the Podium F1 - starting to regret this purchase - since I'm basically floating them a $2000 loan until they ship the product. Not cool.

• I was able to get a hold of Fanatec via their live chat. They told me that my order is still scheduled for July 29th, 2022 and that the ship date will reappear soon. I also asked if the CSL DD 5nm would be available in the future and they said that it would be, they are just looking into estimated availability dates.