[RMA in progress] PODIUM DD1 ISSUE

Hey guys, I recently (11/21) purchased a complete set up from Fanatec, Podium DD1 wheel base, podium hub,

club sport v3 pedals, club sport shifter, with a Skytech gaming pc to power it. everything has been running flawlessly until Sunday. all I get now when I turn the wheel base on, the LCD screen comes up as normal and the "Fanatec" is displayed. the wheel then turns slightly to the right and after a second shakes violently for a second or 2 then display goes blank and THE FANATEC FIRMEWARE UPDATER pop up comes up and says

in blue " UPDATE MODE: Wireless Quick Release"

and then under message logs it says this

"wireless quick release update mode error: connect device failed (error: initial ping failure: no response received for ping command.)

Power OFF wheel base and retry update

if the problem persists, please contact FANATEC support.

I've tried everything I can think of. uninstalling drivers and components. reinstalling them with current drivers, older drivers. and nothing.

I have tried disconnecting all cables and reconnecting,

tried using a different USB cable port on pc

any help would be appreciated !

I have started a ticket with Fanatec support as of sun but have not received any update.

I am pretty handy and can fix mostly anything but I am no computer programmer.

Comments

• I have same issue and am in the RMA process.

I installed PC driver v373. ThenI was able to put wheelbase in bootloader mode and install base firmware. Then install motor firmware. After that the base was back working but could not connect to wheel due to WQR firmware. Any firmware above v373 gave the WQR ping error.

\Patrick

• It took about a week for me to hear back from support after submitting a ticket. For me, they wanted a video showing the issue. After sending, it took about 3 more days to hear back with a RMA request.

• Thank you guys, I spoke to a very nice tech support guy (In Germany none the less) Thursday 3/31

he explained the process and was very helpful. He said about 2 weeks for turnaround, fingers crossed I will get it back soon.

they only have a few tech guys so please be patient, they are also having staffing issues.

Ryan

• I received a new DD1 yesterday. I'm concerned because I was told that they could not replicate the issue I was having. My fear now is that it was possibly the wheel/rim causing the issue since they did not have me send that back with the base. I have not set it up yet to test but am crossing my fingers that it will work...

• BRIAN how long from the time you shipped your dd1 out was it until you received your new unit ?

• ALSO DID YOU RECEIVE NOTIFICATION THEY WERE SHIPPING YOU A NEW DD1

• It took about a week. I got the email with the shipping label on 3/25 and I shipped it on 3/26. I received an email on 4/1 saying it will "be shipped soon", but never received a tracking number. I received it on 4/3.

To be fair, I live close to the distribution warehouse in Los Angeles

• Thank you for the heads up

im in maine fingers crossed I get an answer soon

only thing that worries me is the DD1 is out of stock

on the website.

• Got the new DD1 yesterday

set it up and everything is working great !

I can’t thank the staff @Fanatec for the great support

• nice, when you buy a new DD1, you need to RMA after to have a good one.