CSL Throttle pedal will not work

After 2.5 months waiting for my DD Pro to arrive, i installed everything, updated the drivers, and tested the inputs on my computer. Brake load cell pedal works, clutch pedal (former brake) works, but the throttle has all the input as Fanatec's customer service: nothing.

Thinking this was a fault on my end, i rewired everything, and i tried literally every possible cable configuration to see if something may have been mislabeled or plugged in wrong. Again, Brake load cell pedal works, clutch pedal works, but the throttle has all the responsiveness of Fanatec's customer service: nothing.

Given i spent over $1000 for the wheel, hub, pedals, and load cell, and waited an unreasonable amount of time for it, it's absolutely ridiculous to have no response to a clear quality problem on part of a company that claims to be a premium product in the sim racing community. I expect this from Logitech or some chinese knockoff company, but the fact that my 4-year old G29 has infinitely more functionality at a fifth the cost really tells you that you should never buy from Fanatec.

Comments

• edited March 2022

you and I are in the EXACT situation bud. Arrived Friday, March 25, and then everything unfolded EXACTLY as you described. Was SOOOO excited and even a buddy came over to help set everything up. Now all I can do is look at the rig in the corner and watch other people stream online.😫

EDIT: my clutch also doesn't work though...

• Same situation here too. Hope Support can give a resolution to the issue soon

Clutch and Brake work nicely, throttle is faulty :(

• A mí me pasa lo mismo, he conectado los tres pedales, como pone el manual y el pedal de acelerador, no funciona.

Hay algún medio fácil de contactar con Fanatec? porque la página de ellos, no contestan, su chat se queda colgado y he abierto incidencia y no contestan, he enviado dos email y siempre contestan lo mismo, que necesitan mas información, fotos y videos y es lo que hago.

Ya no se que hacer, me podéis ayudar ?

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

Seems something is not right with the CSL DD Pro. So many with that configuration having the same problems. I have the CSL DD base and it works with the CSL pedals.

Anyone tried to plug yr CSL DD Pro into a PC to see if the problem exists with the pedals too?

• Have to log into the Fanatec website and get in line with a support trouble ticket. Have your serial numbers ready for you submission and take a video. I had trouble uploading my video through the submission form so I just put it on YouTube and shared the link. That was a couple days ago. Waiting to hear anything, although they sent an email saying they received my submission.

• All of the input checks were done solely through my PC with the Fanatec Driver version 439 (updated Feb, 2022, current version). I was able to see the actual inputs of the pedals and wheel. Everything registered correctly except the throttle pedal. The throttle pedal had zero input regardless of the settings i tried, regardless of the wiring orientation (i literally tried every configuration possible, thinking potentially the cables were mislabled). I could see all the button inputs on the wheel, i could register the turning angles, i could register the brake pressure and clutch pressure, but nothing from the throttle.

Connections even had to run through the throttle's junction, and when i disconnected the LS pedal and remapped the clutch as a brake, having the throttle pedal plugged into the hub, the brake registered, but the throttle still had zero input

• Sounds like you may have a faulty throttle pedal. 😏

• edited March 2022

Os agradecería que fuerais explicando por aquí, las contestaciones que os de Fanatec.

[email protected]

• I have the same issue. Everything worked perfectly without the load cell brake. I bought the load cell brake later and installed it according to the documentation. After that, the accelerator was without function, on the PS5 as well as in the Fanatec Setup GUI on the PC. The problem now remains even after rebuilding to the original setup, i.e. without the load cell break.

• I am seeing the same thing. CSL Pedals worked fine for weeks but throttle is now broken in any setup after attempting to install the load cell brake. I have opened a ticket but what I have seen support is not responsive. It is a shame to have over $1000 of equipment that is not usable anymore. THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED FANATEC!!! I see more and more people with the issue so it is not a one off problem.

• Same problem here dude! I ordered the GT DD Pro premium bundle and was stunned to see that my accelerator wasn't working. In my case the LC brake and the clutch works just fine and the throttle is completely dead both on the PS5 and using the fanatec PC driver.

As someone completely new to fanatec, is their costumer service generally considered good or am I going to have to wait months before I can play? You pay about 1100 euros for a premium wheel and they send you this crap, can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am to see how common this issue is aswell.

• Fanatec's support is very hit or miss, in my experience. When I've had to deal with them personally, they've been responsive and I never had to wait more than a couple of days to hear back either when opening a ticket or after emailing them.

The problem is, they're a relatively small company, currently doing a volume of business that they're apparently not best equipped to handle. (Thanks to the CSL DD / GT DD Pro). They seem to be swamped with orders recently and are unable to efficiently handle the volume of support requests. Not much you can do, really, other than to continue to try to email/ call/ post in these forums. You certainly would seem to be within your rights to request a refund, if you decide that's the road you want to take, but you'd still be waiting on Fanatec for a reply. So... hurry up and wait, unfortunately.

• Thanks for the quick answer mate! Well hopefully the costumer service team will handle my situation the same way as they have yours, do you know if there's any way to call fanatec costumer support? I've been googling but can't seem to find it, that will probably speed up the whole process quite a bit. And as long as fanatec issues a fix for this problem I won't mind keeping the product since it seems like it's one of the better equipments to use, however if they don't that will of course force me to ask for a refund. Too bad I just sold my last wheel before I set up the DD Pro, this will make for some boring time around the house haha.

Has anyone else been in contact with fanatec regarding this problem? I'm quite curious as to how they've responded to your respective inquiries.

• I received one response on Sunday to check to make sure the wiring is correct and if that doesn't solve it RMA can be available to replace the pedals. Nothing since then on the actual RMA process.

• I'm still waiting for a response from support. Well I bought a replacement pedal from a friend as I am afraid it will take time to fix. I'll sell this set again when Fanatec has solved the problem. Of course, the load cell brake will not get close to the "new" accelerator until then.

• This is the reply I’ve just received after waiting 4 days for a reply from their “technical support”. My original email to them contained a picture of all the connections on the pedals to show the wires are in the correct places, a picture of the firmware on each device (this should be enough evidence that I’ve used a PC to update the pedals) and a video of me applying pressure to the throttle and the software not showing any input.

This email feels like a tactic to stall the RMA process.

• I ask myself whether I should answer these questions in my case as a precaution!? I should also mention how many hours I have already been spent on error analysis. When it comes to such issues, I first look for the fault in myself - that probably comes with my job

• Had a similar response after i'd already sent a video showing how it didn't work asking to try the stock pedal configuration as well as the load cell configuration... did seem like a stall tactic. Not sure what else i could have tried. cables are correct... brake works, clutch works... throttle does not.

Has anyone tried on older version of the fanatec driver software?

• Has anybody seen anybody from fanatec answering our questions regarding the throttle pedal on this forum? I've noticed in other threads that employees from fanatec answer other questions.

• Not seen one regarding throttle input within the Pedals section. Have seen responses for other issues within the Pedals section though...

• I also haven't seen and fanatec reps chime in on our specific issue. but I have seen responses on others. The longer I'm waiting, the more issues I see from other users come up very similar to mine. It seems to sting a bit more because it was brand new. I could see using for a couple of years and then run into an issue, but all I wanna do is finally play.....

• UPDATE:

Finally getting somewhere with support, just awaiting an email from Sales to provide me with instructions on what is specifically needed to go back and a return label.

With my understanding of the attached screenshot, as soon as the return label is scanned as in transit back to Fanatec, I should have a new set of pedals sent out to me without having to wait for them to be repaired.

Sadly each email and response seems to take at least 24hours to progress to the next step.

• That's good news. I just got the RMA info myself and plan on sending it tomorrow. The email I got said they would be receiving the pedals trying to fix them and then sending a replacement, so who knows how long that would take after two weeks of just trying to get support to give RMA info already,

But if they send a replacement once it's shipped, that would be nice, for sure.

I saw a post outside of this forum that suggested calibrating the throttle pedal using the fanatec app (with load cell attached) and setting min & max might fix it (fixed it for that person), but I did that and it didn't fix anything. Both throttle & clutch are completely dead with no response. It's like installing the load cell pedal just did something that totally fried the base CSL Pedals.

Also I guess since for me the CSL Pedals came combined with the DD Pro wheel and base in a giant box and I have no other smaller box that would safely fit the CSL Pedals I will be shipping them back in that huge box that the base and wheel came in. Which I probably won't get back, but I guess that's fine assuming I don't later have to send back the wheel and base...

• My replacement pedal arrived on Friday which I fitted and it now works successfully. Its worth the wait!

It took 11 days between logging the request with Fanatec support and the replacement pedal arriving (in the UK). I'm just organising the broken pedal to be collected.

You can ship the pedal in the box that the replacement pedal arrives in - you won't need the existing boxes.

• Are you using the Load Cell with the replacement pedals?

• I have now received an answer from support. No additional questions were asked and an RMA was triggered immediately. Perfect.

Anyway, I'm already considering switching to the V3 pedals. This is an expensive hobby! 😂

• Bobby McGeeBobby McGee Member
    edited April 2022

I am another that added the LC Pedal after having a working set of base CSL pedals.. Throttle is now fried.. Doesn’t register in Fanalab.. Clutch and Brake work.. Removed LC.. still zero throttle input… it will flake out on Fanalab and go 100% at random..current drivers all up to date.. PS5 Platform. waiting for response.. coming up on a well and nothing from Endor. Checked and rechecked wiring all is correct.. always had system off when plugging anything into the base

• Yes, I am. Fanatec shipped a full set of pedals to me and an additional load cell to me. I didn’t need to open the load cell, so will be collected on Thursday.